Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock back in frame after an injury scare [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Sam Baldock*is set to increase Albion’s attacking options following a fresh injury scare.
The striker was sidelined from the squad for Saturday’s game at Blackburn after a one appearance comeback.
Thigh damage against his old club MK Dons at the Amex in November ruled out Baldock, below, for two months.
He returned to action as a second-half substitute in the FA Cup exit at Hull 11 days ago. The latest setback happened in training 48 hours before the Blackburn trip.

Boss Chris Hughton said: “It’s very minor. He trained, felt something coming on with his calf, so we couldn’t risk it.
“The good news is that on testing there wasn’t too much of a problem.”
Bobby Zamora has targeted more starts after slotting Albion’s early winner at Blackburn on his 35th birthday.
He said: “Hopefully, that’s the plan. The manager is in charge, he picks the team and whatever he picks is fine by me.
“As long as I am available for selection that’s the main part. It’s just managing the body, making sure I am available for selection and, if I’m feeling a little bit too sore a little bit too much, then we’ve got a good squad and players will come in and play.”
Zamora has made 15 of his 21 appearances this season as a substitute. The start at Blackburn was his first away from home since November.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here