Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Oatway

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Had a lovely chat with the legend that is Charlie in Cafe Rouge this lunchtime. He is over here for a funeral. Enjoying life at AEK with Gus. Is very confident about our season, and thinks we will get to the Prem this year - what a really nice bloke!

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
I've heard several times he's a complete tit. A look away while he's talking to you type of person. Each to there own I suppose.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I've heard several times he's a complete tit. A look away while he's talking to you type of person. Each to there own I suppose.

Self-effacing people often avoid eye contact, how that makes him a complete tit God only knows..... still, what you've heard second hand must be true.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton

Actually when he was leaving, he came over and said goodbye, to my wife, and the friends we were with, very friendly and polite

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, he has met a couple of NSCers. He looked away from one and ignored another. Seems a sound and sensible bloke to me.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Only met him once, at a sponsors dinner, but found him to be very pleasant and friendly. He was making a point of going around checking that everything was OK and everyone was enjoying themselves.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Charlie is a lovely fella

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Quite a strong allegation.

Source?

Not going to name names on a forum, but the bloke who told me works for the Sussex FA. He's not one to start pointless rumours either. According to him Oatway liked to pick on some of the younger players. Was quite known for it in fact.

I've never met Charlie myself so I can't judge, he could be a lovely bloke.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here