Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds fans doing their nut about another switch

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Leedsvs Middlesbrough was on satdi 13th Feb at 15:00 and switched to Monday night 15th at 19:45

The owner had originally banned the cameras as they were being hit by these and sky have obviously thought " stuff the fans, let's change this for our armchair fans, who don't give a feck anyway if it's not premiership"

With what happened to us with all the Friday switches, something will have to give.

Barber out!

el punal

Leedsvs Middlesbrough was on satdi 13th Feb at 15:00 and switched to Monday night 15th at 19:45

The owner had originally banned the cameras as they were being hit by these and sky have obviously thought " stuff the fans, let's change this for our armchair fans, who don't give a feck anyway if it's not premiership"

With what happened to us with all the Friday switches, something will have to give.

Barber out!

This is disgraceful! I hope the cameras have been charged with assault. Name and shame I say.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham

Barber out!

Why Barber out?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is disgraceful! I hope the cameras have been charged with assault. Name and shame I say.

Lol...hit by these changes.:moo:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
sky have obviously thought " stuff the fans, let's change this for our armchair fans, who don't give a feck anyway if it's not premiership"

Someone put the viewing figures up for Championship games and it looks like 250,000 is the number regardless of what game is being shown, so even armchair fans aren't too bothered.

I can't help thinking Sky coverage of League football is some kind of sop to the FL, a sort of half hearted apology. There's certainly not much, if any commercial justification

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Boro web site stating the The Football League are blaming Leeds United. http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/middlesbrough-leeds-united-2911417.aspx

At the Sky meeting where they discuss which games are moved, did anyone go 'wait a minute, that's Leeds and they wont let us in'. No I doubt it very much. Something has to be done about this. Pity the Boro fans, and numbers will be in the 1000's, who have bought tickets along with trains or transport arranged.

Are they saying that Sky & BHA knew that Cardiff would have been on TV as far back as early December, subject to the FA Cup?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
To be fair I'd be seriously pissed off if they kept moving ours to Mondays and Thursdays. I can cope with (and generally enjoy) the Friday ones.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Shame there is no Friday night football in England at all to watch tonight on TV :(

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
given the way we're losing Saturday fixtures (only 3 home ones left now iirc) i have some sympathy. i think there should be a maximum number of home games Sky can show for a given team, say 3 or 4.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon the thing that will give first, certainly for Albion fans, is STH numbers. Unless you live and work locally and have the luxury of short notice flexibility over your work/life arrangements, you will increasingly be at the mercy of either SKY late changes or the Replacement Bus Service Of Slow And Painful Death. Maybe the future is to keep your powder dry and only lay your money down on a match-by-match basis when the date/time and available mode of transport suit YOU, the customer. Currently its the other way round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here