Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***WHC IX 2nd round: game 8***

Hardest beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The last tie of round two and it is, in my opinion, a corker. Former champ against a beast with a significant and vocal support base.

Cassowary

18sjw9cp92kkhjpg.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassowary

WHC IX performance:

Group C: 3rd 18 votes(12.59%)

The cassowary is the only bird in this competition that can hold its own with the big boys. Generally shy it will go mental if fully provoked. Launching a jumping attack on you, it will look to eviscerate you with its five inch long dagger like middle claw. If you are on the receiving end of the attack you'll know all about it as the Cassowaries legs are extremely powerful and the dagger toe is razor sharp.

Vs

Hippo

hippo-mouth_1440541c.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippopotamus

WHC IX performance:

Group E: 1st 30votes(25.86)

The Hippo is a former champion who will give anyone a run for their money and is always a threat. If he was smaller he'd have far greater popularity. As it is he is the third largest land mammal on earth-massively built and prodigiously strong- although they are equally happy in water. Despite being mostly herbivorous and not especially territorial they are very, very aggressive and unpredictable beasts. They will attack anything- lions, crocodiles, boats just for the heck of it. Because of this they are not only feared by humans but by all the other animals who co-habit with it. They all give the hippo a wide berth because they know what will happen to them if the hippo is feeling a little grouchy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"Look at his face, just look at his face!"

Cassowary. FAR more head mental.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'd love to see Cassowary get through. Both are belligerent in the extreme but Cass wins out for me by appearing to be permanently pissed off about anything and indeed everything and expressing it's inner turmoil by doing it's best to smash/ gouge the living shit out of it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I would pay good money to see a cassowary and a honey badger have a fight .... and I'm a pacifist.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
"Look at his face, just look at his face!"

Cassowary. FAR more head mental.

This. The Cassowary is the kid everyone knew at school, who'd suddenly go MENTAL and cave someone's face in just because he could.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'd love to see Cassowary get through. Both are belligerent in the extreme but Cass wins out for me by appearing to be permanently pissed off about anything and indeed everything and expressing it's inner turmoil by doing it's best to smash/ gouge the living shit out of it.

Actually, i think its the other way round. The Hippo is the one that attacks for no reason and causes maximum damage. The Cassowary only attacks when cornered/frightened. It's threatened by dogs...dogs are the number one threat to cassowaries. It just looks a bit mental whereas the hippo actually is a bit of a headcase, attacking apex predators and passing boats for fun.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
#TeamCass - the mentalist bird on the planet. As I said in the previous round, it's like a menopausal woman - you just never know when it's going to go mad. Nice one minute, the next you're ripped apart for no good reason.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This shouldn't even be a contest.

Silly bird vs a fecking HIPPO!

Hippo all day long. Even Crocs keep well out the way of those bad boys.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm afraid the cassowary isn't very hard.

It benefits from looking mental though. Every year I discount the bird, and every year I chuck it a vote at some point because I've forgotten about that picture of it staring down the camera with it's head cocked to the side, looking like a radgy Glaswegian.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It benefits from looking mental though. Every year I discount the bird, and every year I chuck it a vote at some point because I've forgotten about that picture of it staring down the camera with it's head cocked to the side, looking like a radgy Glaswegian.

Every year we are told by clueless people that this bird is hard and the ONE photo of it acting hard gets trotted out. And then...nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here