Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***WHC IX 2nd round: game 7***

Hardest beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Another intriguing match up. Neither have won the tournament or even made the final but both are very solid competitors who with the right backing could go all the way. Only one will be going to the quarter finals this year though. Who will it be?

Grasshopper mouse

tumblr_mv6xvsB26B1rih2x1o1_1280.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grasshopper_mouse

WHC IX performance:

Group c: 2nd 27votes(18.88%)

A relatively late entrant to WHC (his first appearance was in WHC VII) he nevertheless has gained a significant support base. It's easy to see why: ridiculously aggressive(to the point that it will cannibalise any other G.M it finds in its territory). They don't merely hunt, they stalk their prey which consists of anything from insects up to poisonous snakes and scorpions as well as other mice. They defend their huge (28 acres) territory with an unmatched ferocity and even find the time to howl like wolves while doing so. In short it's a cannibal mouse that eats poisonous beasts, will fight anything, howls like a madman and has an unmatched ferocity.

Vs

Tasmanian Devil

maxresdefault.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MnUOsPOPWAE/maxresdefault.jpg

WHC IX performance:

Group E: 2nd 27 votes(23.28%)

This little aussie ******* is tough as nails. He's small but very muscular, has great agility and speed, can climb and swim and will eat anything up to small kangaroos. He has been known to dig up the carcass of dead horses and will devour every part of a small mammal.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Grasshopper Mouse is my new favourite. I can see it going all the way if it gets through this tough round.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Big fan of the Grasshopper Mouse. An animal that small trying to command 28 ACRES?! That's superb against-all-odds hardness. Easily got my vote and I hope it goes far.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I'm undecided on this one. Both have great hardness credentials, I'll hold off on voting for now.

Surely the closest match-up of the competition so far?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Ounce for ounce the mouse is a proper headcase ... no brainer

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Tasmanian Devil

This little aussie ******* is tough as nails. He's small but very muscular, has great agility and speed, can climb and swim and will eat anything up to small kangaroos. He has been known to dig up the carcass of dead horses and will devour every part of a small mammal.

Serious question: which of those attributes actually renders a Tasmanian devil "tough as nails" or hard? Or any creature come to that?

small - so is Toyah Willcox
very muscular - so is Madonna, in a stringy sort of way
has great agility and speed - Mo Farah?
can climb and swim - well, even I can do that
will eat anything up to small kangaroos - if you put a small kangaroo in front of me, I'd happily do that too
has been known to dig up the carcass of dead horses - that's not hard, just a bit weird.
will devour every part of a small mammal - making good use of your resources and not wasting anything. Every top chef and Anthony Worrall-Thompson recommends doing that

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Seeing as though the SHRIMP appears to be heading out, I'm FIRMLY in TEAM MOUSE.

What a nasty little ****tard

Good move for this round - may I suggest you investigate the mighty Mellivora Capensis as being a suitable recipient of your vote in future rounds?????

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Serious question: which of those attributes actually renders a Tasmanian devil "tough as nails" or hard? Or any creature come to that?

small - so is Toyah Willcox
very muscular - so is Madonna, in a stringy sort of way
has great agility and speed - Mo Farah?
can climb and swim - well, even I can do that
will eat anything up to small kangaroos - if you put a small kangaroo in front of me, I'd happily do that too
has been known to dig up the carcass of dead horses - that's not hard, just a bit weird.
will devour every part of a small mammal - making good use of your resources and not wasting anything. Every top chef and Anthony Worrall-Thompson recommends doing that

You're comparing a big rat sized animal to a succession of different humans?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
You're comparing a big rat sized animal to a succession of different humans?

I'm comparing a series of "not hard" characteristics with examples of them not being hard in practice. And it's debatable whether Madonna is human any more (have you seen her recently?).

To be fair, I wouldn't mess with big rat-sized animal Anthony Worrall-Thompson.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Big fan of the Grasshopper Mouse. An animal that small trying to command 28 ACRES?! That's superb against-all-odds hardness. Easily got my vote and I hope it goes far.

Sounds like nobility to me, probably be in the House of Lords next. :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here