Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Even though we haven't signed that special striker yet.... it's only....

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
11 days to go until we DEFINITLEY have the services of James Wilson for the rest of the season. This is massive for us.

if we can also add that £10m wonder striker we are well placed, but keeping hold of (a fit again) Wilson should see us start banging the goals in again :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
11 days to go until we DEFINITLEY have the services of James Wilson for the rest of the season. This is massive for us.

if we can also add that £10m wonder striker we are well placed, but keeping hold of (a fit again) Wilson should see us start banging the goals in again :)

Sadly, that isn't true.

It's a youth loan, so after the first 28 days can be recalled any time this season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
James Wilson is a class act. He's looked so out-of-sorts recently though that you wonder if he might not have a long term illness like glandular fever or something. Certainly looks to have been struggling health-wise for quite some time now. Fair play to the lad for trying to play his way through it :clap2:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sadly, that isn't true.

It's a youth loan, so after the first 28 days can be recalled any time this season.

Hmm. I thought it was an initial youth loan of 93(?) days, and there was a window (we're in it) when Man Utd could recall him. However, in 11 days we will convert it to a half(?) season loan, which has no recall clause.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hmm. I thought it was an initial youth loan of 93(?) days, and there was a window (we're in it) when Man Utd could recall him. However, in 11 days we will convert it to a half(?) season loan, which has no recall clause.

Well maybe, I suppose, but the youth loan could run for the rest of the season anyway, not 93 days.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Wilson is crap so the BLOWS that out of the window

Didn't look too bad in his first 2 1/2 matches for us , 2 goals and he hit the post against Birmingham.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Well maybe, I suppose, but the youth loan could run for the rest of the season anyway, not 93 days.

I'd assumed youth loans are for a maximum of 93 days, but looking up the regs (god I'm dull) it says only emergency loans have a maximum length of 93 days (while both are a minimum of 28 days). It's worded a bit weirdly, but it seems we can have him all season on a youth loan.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If the Albion are going to get promoted then you have to believe that James Wilson is going to have to be a major part of that. Hughton simply has to get him fit and firing, otherwise we're toast.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Im pretty sure once Jan is out the way he's ours for the whole season with no recall clause.... plus Man Utd seem to have recalled every striker they had on loan except Wilson already

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Comes across as too lightweight at the moment. Hope to be proven wrong.

I think he's just realised that the hairy arsed defenders you get in the Championship are not as easy to skin as the spotty faced ones he is used to playing against. But he does seem to be a bright lad and will soon figure them out.

My concern is that he doesn't have the stamina to play to his level twice a week yet, but that's why he is here, no?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree we could do with a new striker but it seems many have forgotten what a catch Wilson was/is. He clearly hasn't been right for the last 5 or 6 games so I'm not even counting them really. He could WELL be THE striker as it turns out... In terms of when he CAN'T be recalled maybe [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] could confirm the date?

Thanks

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
I think he's just realised that the hairy arsed defenders you get in the Championship are not as easy to skin as the spotty faced ones he is used to playing against. But he does seem to be a bright lad and will soon figure them out.
Seemed to cope ok against Charlton when he skinned 3 before scoring. Just been ill for a few weeks and not been given a proper break due to lack of other options. TBH not a bad time to be playing poorly (if he had to have a bad spell) to avoid a recall....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sadly, that isn't true.

Having seen his recent performances do you think that there is a cat in hell's chance he'll be recalled to play for United? He could of course be recalled and loaned to a team that has a strike force for him to learn off, like Wenesday, Derby or Boro, assuming he can get in the team.

I think he's here for the season and will hopefully recover the confidence he had when he arrived when he looked absolute quality at times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here