Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Spiritual Mediums

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I arrived home from work yesterday to the wife telling me she'd been to see a Medium that day.

From what she was telling me, the Medium relayed messages and information from loved ones that had passed on.

Now, literally all she new of my wife was her forename yet she was able to talk about deceased family members and events that were simply impossible for her to have known about.

The reason my wife didn't tell me until afterwards was because I'm very sceptical and would have told her not to be so stupid. But what an eye opener!

Had anyone else experienced a similar phenomenon?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
From previous experience i would say all women are mediums and know where you have been and what you have done even if you cant remember yourself , but.... yes i think certain people are more receptive to things earthly and spiritually so if it comforts people to believe in such things then who are we to mock or say its bull .

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I arrived home from work yesterday to the wife telling me she'd been to see a Medium that day.

From what she was telling me, the Medium relayed messages and information from loved ones that had passed on.

Now, literally all she new of my wife was her forename yet she was able to talk about deceased family members and events that were simply impossible for her to have known about.

The reason my wife didn't tell me until afterwards was because I'm very sceptical and would have told her not to be so stupid. But what an eye opener!

I have...I was very sceptical but am no longer.....it was an eye opener

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Today a psychic dwarf escaped from prison. Police are looking for a small medium at large.

Being serious i read a few Doris Stokes books, she was used regularly by the police to help solve crimes.

Cold reading. There are some incredibly perceptive people out there; including some who genuinely believe what they say, but don't necessarily realise their 'gift' is the ability to pick up on microsignals from people.

There is still a prize of some million dollars or so on offer for blind trial proof. As yet all attempts have failed.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I've been and she was more a less spot on. Never met her before and took nothing with me. Of coarse there are some charlatans out there but there are also some that clearly receive messages from the other side.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I've been and she was more a less spot on. Never met her before and took nothing with me. Of coarse there are some charlatans out there but there are also some that clearly receive messages from the other side.

What "other side"? Load of bunkum.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
My wife has this ability - at first I was extremely sceptical and actually quite a dick to her about it making out she was pathetic and lacked intelligence to believe such crap from con artists who preyed on the vulnerable ! I would say that only science has proved anything etc.... However I now know for a fact and yes I say fact that there is something going on. I still refuse to believe its communication with the dead but there is some possibility of a connection that can be made between humans that can pick
up details of specific memories, possibly stuff that they didn't know but a close relative of theirs did etc. Might be mind reading or something to that nature but that doesn't explain it fully. I believe science will discover further energies from dark matter and other unknowns that may explain this in the future. I think that this has to be an ability between living organisms rather than between a live and dead 'soul'.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Wild and vague guess work. Sure some people are highly perceptive and can tell a lot about a person by the way they stand, talk and all that, but messages from the "other side"? What a load of nonsense.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Wild and vague guess work. Sure some people are highly perceptive and can tell a lot about a person by the way they stand, talk and all that, but messages from the "other side"? What a load of nonsense.

That's what I thought but it's not vague!
I thought it was people highly skilled in body language and alike that would suggest random nonsense at first and then home in when they noticed the appropriate action. I thought that you would go away only remembering the points they got right and discarding the other nonsense and think you just had an amazing experience.

I was wrong. There is something in this.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Don't believe a word, there is no other side.

i put this in the same category as people who say god speaks to them, miracles happen, preachers can heal and being abducted by aliens.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

From what she was telling me the Medium relayed messages and information from loved ones that had passed on.

Without wishing to be rude or disrespectful to your wife, perhaps this is the key to this situation?

You say at the end of your post that you would have been very skeptical had she told you in advance, so maybe she is making it sound more accurate/detailed than it actually was in order to bring you around to her way of thinking?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
psychicsign.jpg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Penn and Teller are two US magicians who are pretty good at debunking this sort of stuff

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have to know, did she tell her if we will sign Calleri this window?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here