Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It wouldn't happen in Germany ....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
thats odd, suggests they've never trained for night flights.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
We brought some Helicopters some time back, that couldn't fly at night. At least the Hun's problem is only the reflection of his night vision goggles on the instruments.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
The UK defense budget, on the other hand, never wastes money! I am ex Royal Navy and have hundreds of tales of Defence budgets being wasted.
The one thing that has always wound me up is the need to spend budgets before the end of the financial year. It happens throughout Government departments and local councils that they are penalized for not spending their budget in the current year.
The nearest we have ever come to common sense was Nigel Lawson who announced he would do away with this when he was Chancellor. Sadly he never carried it through. I suspect Civil Servants had their way which is a crying shame. You are not allowed to spend less this year in order to spend more next year. The waste that this stupid rule leads to is mind boggling.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The UK defense budget, on the other hand, never wastes money! I am ex Royal Navy and have hundreds of tales of Defence budgets being wasted.
The one thing that has always wound me up is the need to spend budgets before the end of the financial year. It happens throughout Government departments and local councils that they are penalized for not spending their budget in the current year.
The nearest we have ever come to common sense was Nigel Lawson who announced he would do away with this when he was Chancellor. Sadly he never carried it through. I suspect Civil Servants had their way which is a crying shame. You are not allowed to spend less this year in order to spend more next year. The waste that this stupid rule leads to is mind boggling.

Also happens in the 'so called' efficient private sector. March was a license to print overtime money at a previous employer so as not to jeopardise the budget for the following financial year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here