Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk FC - anti name change petition

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
As an outsider I don't really have a view on what Whitehawk should call themselves, but I think it would be a shame to lose that name. If the "City" idea is dropped, how about Brighton Whitehawk or even Whitehawk Brighton? At least then people from outside Sussex would understand where the club is located, and this name-change wouldn't (I think!) attract too much opposition from the Albion or perhaps from Whitehawk fans who want to keep their area's name. Whatever the outcome of all this, good luck to Whitehawk in all they do - the club's a real assett to Brighton and Hove and to Sussex as a whole.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
East Brighton Football Club - 'The Hawks'

#EBFC #EBHawks

Sounds good.

-------

Brighton City Football Club

#BCFC #BrightonCity #BrightonCityFC #BrightonCityHawks #BrightonHawks

Not so much.

-----

Their possible new chant, to directly compete with one of BHA's (as we did with Palace).

"East, East, East Brighton!"
Against
"Sea, Sea, Sea-Siders!"

Winner.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
At least then people from outside Sussex would understand where the club is located

I saw this argument on twitter, "when we drew Everton nobody knew where we were". If people were really interested how long does it take to look it up on google. There are loads of non league clubs which I haven't a clue of where they are but the only time I'd really worry about it is if we drew them away in the cup. Seems they just want to try and cause controversy to get their name in the papers again before they fall into FA Cup obscurity like Lewes and Hastings have done in the recent past, but without trying to out live their welcome.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
The whole name change thing is bollocks, just the same 'it's my money, I'll do what I want' modern football crap at a lower level. The recent cup exploits have put Whitehawk well and truly on the map anyway. Anderlecht doesn't need to be Brussels City. Galataseray doesn't need to be Instabul City. Whitehawk doesn't need to be Brighton City. As the songs go: WE are Brighton, from the South. They are Whitehawk, from........ Whitehawk. And a fun place to go occasionally - the only redeeming feature of our fixtures being shifted around by Murdoch :)

The whole name change thing is bollocks, just the same 'it's my money, I'll do what I want' modern football crap at a lower level. The recent cup exploits have put Whitehawk well and truly on the map anyway. Anderlecht doesn't need to be Brussels City. Galataseray doesn't need to be Instabul City. Whitehawk doesn't need to be Brighton City. As the songs go: WE are Brighton, from the South. They are Whitehawk, from........ Whitehawk. And a fun place to go occasionally - the only redeeming feature of our fixtures being shifted around by Murdoch :)

Should be up to whitehawk and fans to decide and not for the bullies north west of the city to get involved in???

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Should be up to whitehawk and fans to decide

Which is precisely what's happening...

and not for the bullies north west of the city to get involved in???

... at which point you then go and destroy your own argument. Whitehawk fans want as many signatures as possible - after having asked us Brighton fans on social media.

You have put so much and so many posts into the debate without saying anything worthwhile. Please stop - it's tediously meaningless, and meaninglessly tedious. If you had something intelligent to add - even an opinion based on sound judgement - it mght be a different. But you haven't. Instead you've decided to gob off nonsense from the back.

'Bullies from north-west Brighton...' Jesus wept.

Which is precisely what's happening...

... at which point you then go and destroy your own argument. Whitehawk fans want as many signatures as possible - after having asked us Brighton fans on social media.

You have put so much and so many posts into the debate without saying anything worthwhile. Please stop - it's tediously meaningless, and meaninglessly tedious. If you had something intelligent to add - even an opinion based on sound judgement - it mght be a different. But you haven't. Instead you've decided to gob off nonsense from the back.

'Bullies from north-west Brighton...' Jesus wept.

Jesus and tony on first name terms with both:whistle:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Be interesting to see if the name change is blocked and the money men pull out as a result, how many of these ultras will follow the team to Westfield and Hurstpierpoint away when they have to reform in Division 3 of the County League

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The whole name change thing is bollocks, just the same 'it's my money, I'll do what I want' modern football crap at a lower level.

Yet without that money we wouldn't even be having this debate. Whitehawk would still be in the County League playing in front of 60 odd people and the ultras and 300 odd extra fans they have gained would be doing something else with their Saturday

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Signed. I'm not particularly a fan of Whitehawk, however, I don't agree with the name change and fully support this petition. Brighton City is wrong and pretentious. East Brighton Hawks I could live with. It could be a compromise and gives a nod to the district the club hails from.

What is even more problematic for me: The plan to change the name combined with the idea of a move to Withdean. Although I believe the lattter idea has been shelved for now, the combination of both actions together would make the club little better than MK Franchise in my eyes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here