Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeffrey Monakana joins Romanian side FC Voluntari on free transfer

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is he volunteering ? What's that, VSO or something ?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Haven't seen this mentioned on here and done a quick search but no posts mentioning this.

Monakana joined Romanian Liga 1 club FC Voluntari on a free transfer on the 16th January singing a contract until the end of the season.

http://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-inter...-jeffrey-monakana-si-venelin-filipov-14967658

Good spot and good luck to him. He came to us with a bit of a reputation for not really applying himself. He hasn't taken the easy option here, so I hope this works out for him.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Been saying since the start of the season is there any point in him playing for the u21s as he clearly had no future here. Another useless Burke recruit.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Close down the Academy recruitment department, just keep on a committed few local ones, spend your budget on highly skilled development coaches.

What could possibly happen, be bottom of our league, well we are anyway.

Recruiting from Ireland, Iceland, USA and Premier League or La Liga rejects is pure self interest and vanity.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Close down the Academy recruitment department, just keep on a committed few local ones, spend your budget on highly skilled development coaches.

What could possibly happen, be bottom of our league, well we are anyway.

Recruiting from Ireland, Iceland, USA and Premier League or La Liga rejects is pure self interest and vanity.

Monakana was signed from Preston with league experience.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Monakana was signed from Preston with league experience.

Yep, he originally came through from Arsenal that would have stood out on his CV as well.

He was never anyway near the first team so what was the point, why not develop the young lad that probably was squirted out due to him being here ??

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
It must suck being a young kid trying to progress in football.

Although I'm sure some don't do themselves any favours.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Did he actually get a start during any of his (many) loans?
Looked to have some potential and maybe that justified a punt but I fancy non-league is where he will go to rebuild and the route back from there is about character as much as skill.
Well impressed that he is prepared to have a go abroad though. Speaks well for the lad.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I guess we might sign that Dagenham winger now,that we showed interest in a while back....cant think of his name !..............Jodi Jones....

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
But 9 times out of 10 it happens

But that 1 time makes it worthwhile - March is another good example.

I wonder what the percentage (per year group) of youngsters making it through the youth system to getting a first team contract is. Given that a youth player competing with lads in a 2 year age group will suddenly have to compete with a much large pool of men between the ages of around 18-35, law of averages says that anything more than 1 per year group would be a decent return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here