Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flexi 3 offer - complete waste of time

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
The new Flexi 3 ticket offer is a complete waste of time. One priority A, B and C ticket in the North Stand or South Stand where the offer allows seats, will cost an adult £87 if bought in 3 separate match tickets.
The new deal is for £85 - a massive saving of £2, for paying up front.

Seeing as the club are offering university students a great offer of 3 matches and a home shirt for £50, they could have at least made the Flexi 3 offer tempting, with the price set at £70 to at least tempt people to buy up front!

What price would others think this deal should have been set at, to tempt people to buy up front?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Assume also a saving on admin fees as only one charged as opposed to three, so the saving is slightly more.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
The new Flexi 3 ticket offer is a complete waste of time. One priority A, B and C ticket in the North Stand or South Stand where the offer allows seats, will cost an adult £87 if bought in 3 separate match tickets.
The new deal is for £85 - a massive saving of £2, for paying up front.

Seeing as the club are offering university students a great offer of 3 matches and a home shirt for £50, they could have at least made the Flexi 3 offer tempting, with the price set at £70 to at least tempt people to buy up front!

What price would others think this deal should have been set at, to tempt people to buy up front?

If you bought the package and got tickets in the West Lower A block a cat a would cost £38 , a cat b £36 or £34? and cat c £32 so you would be saving £19 ish

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
When was this 3 games and a home shirt for £50 announced? I've still got my uni of Brighton card without an expiry date...

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
http://www.sussexstudent.com/ents/event/2004/

Get tickets for Brighton and Hove Albion's crunch clash in the Championship with Huddersfield Town for just £15 with valid University ID. Exclusive to Sussex students: Three home matches and an official Home shirt, just £50!

Kick off Refreshers Week 2016 with an extra special offer from Sussex campus' next-door neighbours, Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club!

Get tickets for their crunch clash in the Championship with Huddersfield Town for just £15. There's not just three points up for grabs, but a great deal for you too!

Come to the official warm-up at East Slope Bar from midday to buy your extra special tickets and head to the AMEX Community Stadium with your mates to the big match, kicking off at 3pm. Head back to East Slope after the final whistle for the official warm-down, (hopefully) celebrating a great result for the Seagulls.

Or, if you'd rather become a regular Seagulls fan, you can now purchase an exclusive bundle: Three home matches and an official Brighton and Hove Albion home shirt for just £50!

The Albion are chasing promotion this season and could really do with your support!

Please be aware your Name, phone number an email address will be passed on to Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club in order for you to recieve your ticket.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
A home shirt is £45 so this deal is actually three matches for £5! What a bargain.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The earlier flexi 4 offer seemed good value at £100, wasn't it? This seems a bit crap; the student offset however is virtually giving tickets away!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If you bought the package and got tickets in the West Lower A block a cat a would cost £38 , a cat b £36 or £34? and cat c £32 so you would be saving £19 ish

Yeah that's right - the 'best' seats you can get on the flexi 3 are ends of west lower - assuming you'd want to go to 3 of the remaining matches you'll save yourself roughly 5 or 6 quid per ticket.

I have a few issues with the offer. Firstly I don't think it's generous enough - a category C ST holder is paying roughly £14 a match, so there is a large way to discount before you start eroding the value of the ST and pissing off ST holders.

Secondly, If I were the club I wouldn't limit the categoy of the match choice. We haven't sold out W1A or W1B at any point this season so there is definitely spare capacity; plus adding the match restriction just adds complexity to the offer, and makes it more of a considered purchase rather than someone just seeing a deal and going for it.

Thirdly it looks miserly when compared to other offers such as the Student deal.

I'm not complaining - it's good that the club has these commercial initiatives.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yeah that's right - the 'best' seats you can get on the flexi 3 are ends of west lower - assuming you'd want to go to 3 of the remaining matches you'll save yourself roughly 5 or 6 quid per ticket.

I have a few issues with the offer. Firstly I don't think it's generous enough - a category C ST holder is paying roughly £14 a match, so there is a large way to discount before you start eroding the value of the ST and pissing off ST holders.

Secondly, If I were the club I wouldn't limit the categoy of the match choice. We haven't sold out W1A or W1B at any point this season so there is definitely spare capacity; plus adding the match restriction just adds complexity to the offer, and makes it more of a considered purchase rather than someone just seeing a deal and going for it.

Thirdly it looks miserly when compared to other offers such as the Student deal.

I'm not complaining - it's good that the club has these commercial initiatives.

When's that Chelsea fan next to you missing a game and letting me see the world from ESU?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here