Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Quiz Night 2016

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
The sixth annual Robert Eaton Memorial Fund Quiz Night takes place at 7.30pm on Friday 1 April (subject to Sky yanking our chain again) in Dick's Bar at the Amex. It's the night before the home match with Burnley - for now.

Teams of up to six are welcome, and it's five pounds per person. There will also be a raffle. And hopefully some Harvey's this time around.

All proceeds go to REMF.

See you there?

QuizTrophy.jpg

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Fair play, Al. It's a brave man/who concretes a plan on the weekend of an Albion game before the Sky vultures have picked at the carcass.

I'm in (as it stands...).

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Fair play, Al. It's a brave man/who concretes a plan on the weekend of an Albion game before the Sky vultures have picked at the carcass.

I'm in (as it stands...).

I was just about to click 'Send' to Tom Gorringe to ask for Friday 11 March (Reading at home the next day), when Sky announced that they'd moved the fixture to the Friday.

I prefer to do the quiz night on the Friday before a home 3pm fixture, as it means people are generally about (rather than settling in early before heading off to an away game). But we're running out of options here.

Thanks, Sky. You dickheads.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are Thursday nights a no-go?

Maybe not quite as preferential as a Friday but a lot of people are starting to relax into the weekend then.

More on-topic: The 2014 champions are considering their position currently.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Are Thursday nights a no-go?

Maybe not quite as preferential as a Friday but a lot of people are starting to relax into the weekend then.

More on-topic: The 2014 champions are considering their position currently.

I suppose I could ask for the Thursday as a reserve date if this particularly date goes belly-up - but you're right, Fridays are more preferential.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I suppose I could ask for the Thursday as a reserve date if this particularly date goes belly-up - but you're right, Fridays are more preferential.

... which I've now just done.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maybe, as we are talking quizzes, I could advertise the Royal British Legion, annual Poppy Quiz & Curry Night, at the Cowfold Village Hall, on Sat 29th October? . . . then again, probably not, it is a tad early.

I'll start a new thread nearer the time!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Please put us down for this Al. We're putting up two teams, in case you need us to book.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Magnificent Seven will be back - original team too (first time for years)

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
REMF Quiz Night confirmed for Friday 1 April, after Sky's arsing about of everyone's football-supporting lives.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
One month to go.

Places still available, and this lot to beat...

REMFQuiz.jpg

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Let me know if you're coming...

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Can this be made sticky? (The thread, not the poster)...

REMF Quiz Poster 2016.jpg

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Still spaces available - let's make this the biggest one yet.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If anyone is short of a team member or if there are enough 'singles' out there to make up a team, let me know. :thumbsup:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The Magnificent Seven will be back - original team too (first time for years)
We were only the Magnificent (genuine) Three last year as we were BADLY let down by two people who shall remain nameless. (But one's username is the Welsh for 'seagull' and the other sounds like he's a man made from a Sussex beer)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here