Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***WHC IX 2nd round: game 3***

Hardest beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Well, well , well. This one should be a corker. This is a rivalry that goes back a long way but it really took off in the 70's with the undercover documentary Jaws. Since then there have been numerous rematches as the two enemies just can't seem to leave each other alone.

As always we are looking for hardness. Consider all facets off hardness please.

Great White Shark

4442938-7067438861-Great.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_white_shark

WHC IX performance:

Group A: 2nd 25 votes(18.66%)

If nothing else the GWS is one of the scariest and most fearsome looking beasts in the competition. I mean, just look at the ugly mutha... It's basically a killing machine. Powerful, massive mouthed, rows of razor sharp teeth and a willingness to attack anything if its feeling the slightest bit peckish. It's bite is so powerful that it can tear its prey-whether it be fish, seals, other sharks or boats- in half.

Vs

Human

mcgregor2.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human

WHC IX performance:

Group B: 3rd 13 votes(12.26%)

The human is, without doubt, the single most controversial beast in WHC history. Many feel that he shouldn't even be here while others argue that due to his intelligence he is the hardest beast around. And intelligence, ultimately, is what it comes down to. Physically the human is pathetic. Intellectually, however, he far surpasses anything any other beast can offer. And it's this intelligence which has allowed him to conquer the world, create weapons that can maim and kill on an individual level or destroy irrevocably on a much larger scale. The human can also be slightly head mental, doing things which are known to kill but doing them for kicks anyway. So it comes down to whether you think intelligence is an important factor of hardness and if you think its collective progression to its current state of knowledge and dominance is relevant to this tournament. If that's too much to consider you can always go back to the classic(though not necessarily 100% correct) fall back option: Who would win a fight...your average GWS or your average unarmed human?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Thinking logically the only winner here is the Great White Shark.

The fight would have to take place in water because, whilst we're not great in the water, sharks are a hell of a lot worse on land thus tipping the scales unfairly. Of course the fight being in the water tips the scales unfairly the other way.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Shark - Humans are too inconsistent. While I think Humans would win the long game, due to intelligence, it would take a team to take down a Great White.

Oct 25, 2003
the average human will shit their pants at the sight of a:

-mouse
-cockroach
-any spider (even the tiny harmless ones)
-various other creepy crawleys that pose absolutely no threat to us

unless you're talking about bear grylls/steve irwin (r.i.p) the average human is very un-hard when it comes to interactions with other animals

can you imagine a shark shrieking like a girl at the sight of another animal? as if

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Human evolution is pretty impressive, and shown a survival hardness and adaptability to pretty much any environment on the planet.

Do you remember watching that tribe in Kenya where 3 blokes, bold as brass just walk up to a pride of lions eating their kill, scare the lions off, cut a nice leg of the kill off, then walk away - that was hard, a whole pride of blood covered lions!

So humans don't have sharp teeth, claws or poisonous bite, but they've survived and thrived in an amoung most creatures on earth - hard.

GWS is a flat track bully. Big sharp teeth, doesn't like being punched on the nose, goes into a sleep trance when flipped over, its fussy over its food not liking too much iron its meals. Seems to only take small stuff. Human beings regularly get in the sea and swim around with them.

I'm taking humans going back down our evolutionary tree. These must have been double hard to get us where we are today.
human-evolution-1-001.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Pointless tie, at least it will get rid of the human.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Just look at the pic above.

Naked man stood its ground and took on mammoths and Sabre tooth Tigers with a stick! Yes, Its just luzzed a stick at it! Then to show its hardness, ate the beast and wore its skin for extra 'rub the Sabres nose in it effect!'

This is about humans, not just one human against one shark .

You annoy a human it will hit you. You kill a human, more humans will come after you. You kill lots of humans and the world isn't big enough for you to hide from its wrath.

The human becomes more dangerous the more you piss it off.

@BBclassic even says that the human would have to get in the seas to make it easy for the poor Shark. Thats right, the HUMAN has to get in the seas to take on a shark cause the useless fish would just flap and be too easy for the human on land.

The human could just sit next to it and wait for it to die, thats how weedy the shark is.

Do Sharks hang around dodgy neighbourhoods for fun? No

Do Humans surf and frolic in known Shark infested waters? Yes.

Humans fear death, but it does not stop them, they set sail years ago thinking they'd fall of the world, they go into harsh environments like the depths of the seas and space knowing there is a good chance they will die if something minor goes wrong.

Humans rarely take on beasts anymore as they're a bit easy, but years ago they would take on all of natures beasts just armed with a pointy stick, and NAKED!

Show me another animal with no natural weapons that would stand and attack a much larger beast with fangs and claws whilst standing billy bollocks naked armed with a sharp twig.

HUMAN = HARD.

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

The thing about humans is that some are intelligent, some are strong, some are weak, some are thick. We're all too different to be put under a single banner. A GWS on the other hand is a GWS. It'll bite your f*cking head off whichever GWS turns up

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The thing about humans is that some are intelligent, some are strong, some are weak, some are thick. We're all too different to be put under a single banner. A GWS on the other hand is a GWS. It'll bite your f*cking head off whichever GWS turns up

...............as long as you swim out to its mouth to give it a helping hand.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The thing about humans is that some are intelligent, some are strong, some are weak, some are thick. We're all too different to be put under a single banner.

Exactly.

For example I used to fake asthma attacks to get out of fights, I get TERRIFIED during scary scenes in films and I'm SLIGHTLY* scared of fish and can't swim in the sea if I see one.

I alone should discount "humans" from this whole competition.

*terrified

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
The OP does humans a disservice with the picture of boxers with big muscles whilst using pictures of other animals hunting and killing. Surely this is humans at their deadliest.

image.jpg

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This bloke punnched his way out of this.

The GWS swam off in terror.

The bloke went surfing again the next day.

HUMAN = HARD

b54723dc43878c4cdfec707dd12eb5f9.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The OP does humans a disservice with the picture of boxers with big muscles whilst using pictures of other animals hunting and killing. Surely this is humans at their deadliest.

View attachment 71608

Whilst a superb example indeed, it's also fair to say that while we LUZZ chairs the GWS eats them as a little appetizer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here