Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three home games on the spin

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Following on from Johnny RoastBeef's thread, another reason for optimism....

After the excellent win at Blackburn, we now have three 'winable' home games in a row - against Huddersfield, Brentford and Bolton. No reason why we shouldn't see an excellent points haul from these games. Win all three to make it four wins on the trot, and we really would be flying again - and it would put us in a really strong position going into the Hull match.

Also worth noting that unlike all of our rivals, who either have FA Cup or Championship games, we have a week off after the Huddersfield match, giving our players the chance for a rest and more time to recover from injuries.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd take 7 if we were offered it now. If I was Hughton, I'd be keeping quiet but be moderately pleased with that. That would mean a lot of rebuilt confidence after a haul of 10 points from 12 going into the three away games, where I think we're capable of getting 5 more points.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Not only do I think we need to win all three, but we need to try and do it in style.

Get the Amex rocking and put the rest of the top six on notice - the blip is over. We're back.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Following on from Johnny RoastBeef's thread, another reason for optimism....

After the excellent win at Blackburn, we now have three 'winable' home games in a row - against Huddersfield, Brentford and Bolton. No reason why we shouldn't see an excellent points haul from these games. Win all three to make it four wins on the trot, and we really would be flying again - and it would put us in a really strong position going into the Hull match.

Also worth noting that unlike all of our rivals, who either have FA Cup or Championship games, we have a week off after the Huddersfield match, giving our players the chance for a rest and more time to recover from injuries.

If only it was as straight forward as you make it sound!

Winnable?, yes possibly, but every game in the Championship, even the home 'banker' against basement boys Bolton, is difficult.

I'd love to see us bag nine points out of nine, but it will be far from easy.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If only it was as straight forward as you make it sound!

Winnable?, yes possibly, but every game in the Championship, even the home 'banker' against basement boys Bolton, is difficult.

I'd love to see us bag nine points out of nine, but it will be far from easy.

Never said it would be easy. Like Simster, I'd be happy with seven points - but I do think nine is possible.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Lets just WIN them, style or no style, you don't get points for that.

Don't get me wrong - I don't think it'll be easy and I'd quite happily take a trio of 1-0 wins courtesy exclusively of own goals.

But if we can win them comfortably then it gives us a huge confidence boost going into the Hull game

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not only do I think we need to win all three, but we need to try and do it in style.

Get the Amex rocking and put the rest of the top six on notice - the blip is over. We're back.

Never mind the style, we don't even need to win all three (although obviously that would be superb).

If the last two months have taught us anything, it should have taught us this. Two months ago, we were an absolute lock for the top six, yet at 2:30pm on Saturday we had dropped out of the play-offs. Three hours later, two of the top three had lost, we'd won and now we are right in contention for a top two place again.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Don't get me wrong - I don't think it'll be easy and I'd quite happily take a trio of 1-0 wins courtesy exclusively of own goals.

But if we can win them comfortably then it gives us a huge confidence boost going into the Hull game

I think three wins would do that anyway, but certainly if we can win them, and win them well, by more than the odd goal for instance, it would certainly give an extra boost to morale.

Amazing to think, that with over half of the season gone, none of our wins has been by more than a single goal!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I was looking at the fixtures early, and I think that big break is going to be key. Nice rest, tweak tactics, any new signings have time to integrate and improves the fitness of those who've only just come back from injury. Maybe even get Bong back?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I was looking at the fixtures early, and I think that big break is going to be key. Nice rest, tweak tactics, any new signings have time to integrate and improves the fitness of those who've only just come back from injury. Maybe even get Bong back?

Also, not playing a match at the end of January will give CH more time to concentrate on working with the club on new signings.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Also, having that last week of January off will possibly give CH more time to concentrate on working with the club on new signings.

Absolutely. Not intimately involved in the process I imagine, but be good for him to have that time, particularly if a deal falls through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here