[Football] Emmanuel Adebayor linked with Palace

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. I can't believe he's still only 31!

2. They're picking up a real gem there:

Adebayor then went on loan to Tottenham Hotspur, who were under the stewardship of Harry Redknapp and the former Spurs boss revealed a remark made when Sebastien Bassong accused him of earning just £200k-a-week.

Redknapp, speaking on BT Sport's Fletch and Sav show explained: "In training, the worst player on a Friday used to get a £50 fine which would go to a charity up the road, a little kid's hospice," Redknapp started.

"Adebayor never paid his and Sebastien Bassong said, 'come on Ade, you earn £200,000-a-week, and you haven't paid £50 to the charity for being the worst player last week'.

"He [Adebayor] said, 'don't insult me... I earn 225 [thousand pounds a week]'."

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This could be a dream signing as far as us Brighton fans are concerned. He's a disruptive influence, known to argue with managers, he has a mercenary attitude and regards himself as a big-time charlie and he will cost an absolute fortune.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
think he's been linked to about every club in the Premier League. odd that now he's a free agent someone hasn't snapped him up. his wage demands maybe high, though i recall reading he sends half back to Africa for a charity, and wants to protect their income (maybe confusing with another player)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"I don’t know much about the club (CPFC) but it’s better to learn so I’ll be going on Google and finding out more about them," said Adebayor... after signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here