Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton ticket offer - 999 workers

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Received an email through work offering the chance to buy tickets for the Bolton match at 50% reduction. If anyone on here is buying match by match tickets, and you know someone who works for emergency services, then it's a pretty good offer. Applies to any stand, just needs to be print at home option and using a suitable email address.

Glanders

Mar 12, 2012
Any idea how you go about taking advantage of this? I've had a look on the ticket sales bit of the club website and there's no mention of it. Thanks a lot for any info you can give.

EDit: Just seen you received an email via work, so I'll have a look when I'm next in.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They are in court today with the taxman so maybe there might not be a Bolton by then and I wouldn't buy tickets in advance yet

Can't remember a team ever failing to fulfil its fixtures, not in the FL anyway.

They'll have their 10 point deduction, and hopefully it'll mean that the team pretty much gives up.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Can't remember a team ever failing to fulfil its fixtures, not in the FL anyway.

They'll have their 10 point deduction, and hopefully it'll mean that the team pretty much gives up.

Taxman could make an example of them and liquidate the club, do it to scare the others. If a team can't trade then they are out, all results will be wiped out so our point would be gone but others would lose 3

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Aldershot ???

Didn't Accrington Stanley fail to fulfil their fixtures when they went bust in 1963?

:shrug: Like I say, I can't remember a team actually failing to fulfil its fixtures during the course of a season, I stand to be corrected.

For a club the size of Bolton though, playing at this level, that would surely be absolutely unprecedented.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
:shrug: Like I say, I can't remember a team actually failing to fulfil its fixtures during the course of a season, I stand to be corrected.

For a club the size of Bolton though, playing at this level, that would surely be absolutely unprecedented.

Owing millions and continuing to rack up the debt every week with no buyers on the horizon means something has to happen, maybe this time the last minute rescue act doesn't happen ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Owing millions and continuing to rack up the debt every week with no buyers on the horizon means something has to happen, maybe this time the last minute rescue act doesn't happen ?

It always happens. Like the banks getting bailed out, a club the size of Bolton will not be allowed to go out of business and close down permanently. They'll do a Palace or a Leeds, or possibly a Pompey and collapse through the leagues, but I don't care how many people come out and say "Bolton are an hour away from extinction", its bobbins. They are on a different level to your Aldershots and Accringtons. They will continue as a football club certainly for the foreseeable in the Football League. History tells us this.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Aldershot have always been a bit two-bob though. I don't think you can compare them with Bolton Wanderers.

Bolton will just do a Palace. The debts will be written off, someone else will buy them, and they'll rebuild.

And if someone doesn't buy them ? They've been on the market for a while but nobody seems interested unless they're waiting for the tax etc stuff to be sorted ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here