Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football=Corrupt... Athletics=Corrupt... Now Tennis=Corrupt!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No no, this can't be right. Isn't it only cycling that has issues?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ah, forgot cycling... may have to change thread title.... Is there anything left that isn't bent ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i can guarantee Ulloas penalty was not fixed
no one in their right mind would have over acted a slight miss and sent the ball into orbit

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well for starters it has an all but non-existent PED policy.
Taking the football approach of 'no drug can make you hit a ball straight'.

Completely ignoring the ball being crushed miles down the fairway, painkillers, and (excuse my lack of medical knowledge on this one, something to relieve the yips) I'm gonna say Beta Blockers.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well for starters it has an all but non-existent PED policy.
Taking the football approach of 'no drug can make you hit a ball straight'.

Completely ignoring the ball being crushed miles down the fairway, painkillers, and (excuse my lack of medical knowledge on this one, something to relieve the yips) I'm gonna say Beta Blockers.

Not to mention that if cricket can have bookies paying players to bowl no balls at any given moment, you can bet your ass golfers have been paid to double bogey certain holes, or 3 putt, or put it out of bounds. Any sport that attracts that much worldwide betting will be open to corruption, most likely from the players scratching their living further down the professional rankings.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is news to you ?

The whole bloody world is as bent as nine bob note....

Esp when millions upon millions of pounds are involved.

I very much doubt the tennis big wigs were sneering at athletics last week, either.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Obviously performance enhancement has probably been around in some form or another since the Greeks first started racing and throwing stuff. The desire to win can drive some human beings way beyond rules and fairness.

However gambling now, the ease of it, the spread betting mean you no longer have to pay someone to go down in the 4th, or lose a match, they can now just concede a corner, miss a putt or pot, serve a double fault, bowl a no ball. Most of which are virtually undetectable unless you catch them meeting the bookies and taking the bribes.

The current betting ads make you realise how sad it all is. The Paddy Power one especially, 3 blokes at a party, nice weather outside, nice people about, and the 3 of them watch their phones while watching football - it would be hilarious comedy if this wasn't an ad attempting to suggest this was cool or a lifestyle choice - they look like 3 socially inept nerds!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Why not just introduce a second Olympics that fully allows drug users to compete against each other?

It might be seen as encouraging the issue (because it would be) but what a fun event it'd be to watch!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here