Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex Pitch

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I was once told that the important time to repair the pitch was immediately the game finished before any frost could set in. CPFC used an old Morris Minor with rollers instead of wheels and before supporters left the ground the ground staff could be seen driving up and down the pitch rolling it
The brainchild of our old groundsman man Len Chatterton .
image.jpeg

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Did it look much better (other than that big patch of green grass in the centre)?
Did it play any better?

Let's hope the rain holds off or we may have some real issues ahead :shrug:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Outstanding work I thought. Yeah, it cut up, but it played a lot better and in 3 weeks the improvement was remarkable. Now a couple more weeks before Brentford, hopefully the state will continue to improve.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not an expert, but would guess that 2 games of rugby over a dry sunny weekend in early September would have negligible impact on the pitch condition 4 months later in comparison to 2 months worth of football matches played in shitty wet weather.

Correct. And it's important to remember that other clubs share their ground with Rugby teams and often have no issues. The pitch was only mildly scuffed after the late summer Rugby.

It also put the AMEX on the map, host to the biggest shock in Rugby history. An amazing day.

Jan 4, 2016
I thought our training ground pitches were suppose to be identical to the Amex pitch but they're miles apart. Just watched the whole game on player and watched the ladies FA cup game against Luton at the training ground and the pitch doesn't look nothing like the pitch and putt surface that is the Amex.

Looks like golfers have been practicing their wedge shots on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here