Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex Pitch

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Let's hope the pitch has recovered by Saturday as I thought it was looking a bit bare in places.:goal: Bobby Zamora

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They were doing a lot of work on it in the week - think there were pics on one of the social media things. It's had too much use this season - the groundstaff we have have always been quality - even at Withdran, so feel quite sorry for them!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A lot of pitches look awful at this time of year... Anfield looked really patchy on MOTD yesterday for example.

It is an excuse not a reason.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
PS: the club shared this on Instagram last week showing the work they've been doing on the pitch.
via : https://www.instagram.com/p/BAkHMArHV6d/

pitch.jpg

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Nice look, rocking the old hat, gloves and shorts combo there.

Surely the club could rustle up an old pair of tracky bottoms for the lads?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Looks like a nice few days of weather now for them to try and improve the pitch ready for Saturday.

Always surprises me to see them laying turf only a few days before a match but I guess they know what they are doing and it is the only real option.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The bare patches tend to open up the seed drills to further damage resulting in an increasingly rutted and uneven surface.
A lot of work and three winter weather weeks isn't enough to do more than effect a short term improvement no matter how good the ground staff. Three consecutive home games won't do it any favours.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Watching the highlights at the weekend, and Derby's pitch stood out as being particularly poor. Threadbare many areas and cutting up big time.

Mind you, the Baseball Ground was traditionally a mudbath too.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They were doing a lot of work on it in the week - think there were pics on one of the social media things. It's had too much use this season - the groundstaff we have have always been quality - even at Withdran, so feel quite sorry for them!

The 18-yard box hasn't had too much use :moo:

el punal

Let's be honest, with the foul weather we've had over the last two months or so no pitch is going to be in an ideal state. I think it must have chucked it down on nearly every home match since October, with the exception of the Middlesbrough and Ipswich games.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I wonder if the Amex undersoil heating is working well and I am looking forward to Saturday to see how the pitch is looking .

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Let's be honest, with the foul weather we've had over the last two months or so no pitch is going to be in an ideal state. I think it must have chucked it down on nearly every home match since October, with the exception of the Middlesbrough and Ipswich games.

Some have been really good though, including QPR and Brentford.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
The pitch would be in a much better state if it wasnt so over used. We have had the rugby world cup, the ladies team and the development squad all use it. Perhaps it needs to be used more sparingly next season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here