Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby, who I thought were, with Middlebrough, the benchmark........

theboybilly

Have two more points than us......just one more win converted from a draw. Not too bad is it?:bhasign:

On our day I think we can be better than both Derby and Burnley. Hull maybe too as their fans have been on Bruce's back before recent home wins against weak sides eased nerves. If we really are 'back on track' this could go down to the wire

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Saturday was good but we didn't grab the game like we would have earlier in the season. Papering over a few cracks possibly... I'd definately take a play off place if offered now, as Weds :lol: & Ipswich worry me...

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Think they are in trouble. Chairman coming in the dressing room to have a moan is a seriously bad idea. Likely too that last season's meltdown which started at same time is playing on their minds.

Test for Paul Clement. Don't like the way he never mentions the opposition (not just us,anyone) in post match interviews. Shows a lack of respect and perhaps a lack of knowledge of his opponents.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
To be honest I think that both Middlesbro and Hull are superior to us, but then so they should be I guess, both have the advantage of stronger, more experienced squads, both still have parachute payments from there days in the Premier League, and both clubs are more able, and perhaps more willing, to splash the cash on big money signings.

The play-offs for us I think.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
To be honest I think that both Middlesbro and Hull are superior to us, but then so they should be I guess, both have the advantage of stronger, more experienced squads, both still have parachute payments from there days in the Premier League, and both clubs are more able, and perhaps more willing, to splash the cash on big money signings.

Not sure Boro get parachute payments?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Midds don't have parachute money; they've not been in the premier league since 2009.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
To be honest I think that both Middlesbro and Hull are superior to us, but then so they should be I guess, both have the advantage of stronger, more experienced squads, both still have parachute payments from there days in the Premier League, and both clubs are more able, and perhaps more willing, to splash the cash on big money signings..

Middlesbro were relegated in 08/09 season, so no parachute payments for them at mo.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Midds don't have parachute money; they've not been in the premier league since 2009.

I stand corrected. Although even without them, they have a bigger and stronger squad, and seem hell bent on getting to the promised land this time around. They have stolen quite a march on us now, and that points difference is going to be very hard to make up over the remaining games.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Look at all the other teams goal difference , that's where we will get punished, just need to bang at 5 past Huddersfield and Bolton at least

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Saturday was good but we didn't grab the game like we would have earlier in the season. Papering over a few cracks possibly... I'd definately take a play off place if offered now, as Weds :lol: & Ipswich worry me...

I think actually scoring a goal and grinding out a win with a roll your sleeves up performance, was the most important thing...I'm sure (as I think u r) that CH is aware of our deficiencies.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Middlesbrough are gone and away. They'll win the league comfortably come May. I do think we can match the others though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Middlesbrough are gone and away. They'll win the league comfortably come May. I do think we can match the others though.

Possibly. We do need to find our form again quickly though. If we can just get back into that habit of winning our home games, and picking up a few points away, that will be ideal.

I do worry that even Hull may have stolen a few too many points on us though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here