Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton relishes Albion win - and has special praise for his centre-backs [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Chris Hughton praised his Albion battlers as they ended their poor run today.
And the manager had special praise for his centre-backs as the Seagulls ground out a precious 1-0 win in the snow at Blackburn.
Bobby Zamora guided home the third-minute winner but defenders Lewis Dunk and Connor Goldson were outstanding against a direct Rovers outfit.
Hughton said: “I’m really delighted with the performance and I think as a team these are the best type of wins - when you are under a lot of pressure.

“We were up against a team who played very direct. (Chris) Brown up front wins a lot of ball.“I thought we had to have two centre-halves who were very good today and I thought both of them were.
“I’m delighted for Dunky because he has had a little bit of difficult time of late but I thought him and Connor were excellent as were the team.
“We had to put in that type of performance defensively and try and have a little bit of quality going forward.
“I thought we got the balance quite right.”
Hughton revealed Sam Baldock was left out of the 18 after feeling some discomfort in his calf muscle but described the problem as “very minor” and hopes to have him back when Huddersfield come south next Saturday.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here