Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking to Buy used a LandRover Discovery 2, Need advice!.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Hi,

I've heard both horror stories and nothing but praise as well.

The internet is awash with both sides. I would like to know if anyone on here owns one or has had one.
and if they are really as unreliable as people say!.

Need Room for my nutty old english sheepdog, Whos' visits to the vets tend to trash my interior!.
I don't have a family, just me and the mrs, so I don't need a flashy new 7 seater anyway!.
My budget is about 5k, so i can't find anything newer that is suitable.

I've been looking at the last of the production line 2004 models, (But rarely find one that's done under 100k let alone 70k (which i'm after)
My research has clued me up to getting a Diesel engine & Manual Gearbox.

I'm not a Good Mechanic TBH, So I cant be under the Landy everytime it gets used. (thats' if the rumours are true).

I'm thinking of giving C R Allens a call to see if they can find me one, At least then I know I'm not getting a Duff one.

Any Thoughts.
But before you reply. YES, I have looked at most alternatives from Toyota, Mitsubishi and even Ford.
So my heart is kinda set on the whole Landy thing !.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Deffo give CR Allen a ring, as for the horror stories it's all about a full and proper service history and keeping that going :)

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Do you need a 4x4 for work? if not then maybe an estate would be ok? Failing that my old man had a landy and the only problem he had was the 4 wheel drive element. he went like you are for a manual diesel.
Nothing else went wrong and he was generally pleased with it.

theboybilly

You'll get a 2010 (maybe even a 2011) Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 diesel for £5k. My mate's a taxi driver and he loves it. Probably amongst the best diesel engines around. A reasonably low tailgate lip for getting your dog in and out of too. Plenty of room in the back of one of those even with a dog-guard. Nice looking for an estate as well.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

theboybilly

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Hi,

I've heard both horror stories and nothing but praise as well.

The internet is awash with both sides. I would like to know if anyone on here owns one or has had one.
and if they are really as unreliable as people say!.

Need Room for my nutty old english sheepdog, Whos' visits to the vets tend to trash my interior!.
I don't have a family, just me and the mrs, so I don't need a flashy new 7 seater anyway!.
My budget is about 5k, so i can't find anything newer that is suitable.

I've been looking at the last of the production line 2004 models, (But rarely find one that's done under 100k let alone 70k (which i'm after)
My research has clued me up to getting a Diesel engine & Manual Gearbox.

I'm not a Good Mechanic TBH, So I cant be under the Landy everytime it gets used. (thats' if the rumours are true).

I'm thinking of giving C R Allens a call to see if they can find me one, At least then I know I'm not getting a Duff one.

Any Thoughts.
But before you reply. YES, I have looked at most alternatives from Toyota, Mitsubishi and even Ford.
So my heart is kinda set on the whole Landy thing !.

Get yourself a good series III ,definitely do not get a free lander they are shit off road

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here