Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We only need to win by one

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
I wonder when a team last went so long and so high by only winning by one goal at a time?

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
We only need to win by one.

Agree...But wouldn`t it be nice to really beat someone at home or away for that matter convincingly.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
We only need to win by one.

Agree...But wouldn`t it be nice to really beat someone at home or away for that matter convincingly.

I'd settle for a 'comfortable' 2 goal margin just for a change! Pretty much every game has been nerve shredding so far and it always will be with just one goal in it, however poor the opposition is with only a few minutes left to play.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wonder when a team last went so long and so high by only winning by one goal at a time?

In the 60s, 'Catenaccio' defence was big in Italy - I wouldn't be surprised if European Cup winners at the time, like Inter Milan, did it quite routinely (until that catenaccio system was gloriously ripped to shreds by Celtic in that fabulous final of 1967).

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Read in Tony Adams autobiography that if Arsenal scored 1 goal they knew they wouldn't lose, I'd settle for that for the remainder if this season.

I would too but we don't have a back four like Arsenal did! we need someone like Adams driving the team on

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here