Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock - sick note

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Apparently a minor twinge and left out as.a.precaution. Expected to be back for huddersfield

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Apparently a minor twinge and left out as.a.precaution. Expected to be back for huddersfield

CH never takes chances with a players injury and never rushes them back. He knows what it's like to have your career ended by a knee injury he got around the age of 31 but played on for another 3 or 4 years which permanently damaged his ligiments

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Since Hemed has been pretty much ever present you'd have to conclude that Baldock's real replacement yesterday was Zamora. Didn't go that badly really, did it?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
There is no point continuing to talk about Baldock, he's not going to be here next season if we can find some mugs to buy him. He isn't good enough for where we want to go. I wouldn't mind not seeing him again in a Brighton shirt if it means we've signed someone who might, from time to time, score a goal.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Get the same sinking feeling about Baldock and Hemed this season as I did about Baldock/CMS/O'Grady/Best last season. They're the makeweights you can't easily shift on to some other mug club, so they just sit there festering on the club's books until well past their sell by date while we flog the decent strikers onwards and upwards for a quick buck. Same as it ever was.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Gotta love an embarrassing thread.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Get the same sinking feeling about Baldock and Hemed this season as I did about Baldock/CMS/O'Grady/Best last season. They're the makeweights you can't easily shift on to some other mug club, so they just sit there festering on the club's books until well past their sell by date while we flog the decent strikers onwards and upwards for a quick buck. Same as it ever was.

True.

Whatever happened to 'One in ten Glenn'?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Good player, will come good if given the chance. Maybe the detractors can watch his overall contribution next time he plays, rather than worrying about how many he's scored.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Good player, will come good if given the chance. Maybe the detractors can watch his overall contribution next time he plays, rather than worrying about how many he's scored.

What would be "coming good", in your opinion? Because he's been here for a long time now, and he doesn't threaten goals or run around more than anyone else does - what do you think he contributes to the team? It really isn't clear to me that he offers anything other a drain on resource in the blind hope that he wasn't a £2million mistake (which he was, at the time, and with hindsight).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
True.

Whatever happened to 'One in ten Glenn'?

He finally came good (yeah, yeah, carrying an injury earlydoors blah blah) and formed a genuine Premier League level partnership with Ashley Barnes. Obviously that meant they both had to be shipped out for a fast buck pronto tonto to make way for cheapo replacements. Same as it ever was.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
sam baldock sick note

He finally came good (yeah, yeah, carrying an injury earlydoors blah blah) and formed a genuine Premier League level partnership with Ashley Barnes. Obviously that meant they both had to be sold on pronto tonto to make way for cheapo replacements. Same as it ever was.

Agreed, but at least we got a good fee for Murray........who was on £3,000 a week, and replaced him with cheap option CMS for £3.25 million on £12,000 a week.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed, but at least we got a good fee for Murray........

For sure. Galling though. Chairman doesn't show any sign of really needing the fee, tho the club shows every damn sign of needing to retain strikers worthy of the job title. Currently we only tend to retain the duds.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
What would be "coming good", in your opinion? Because he's been here for a long time now, and he doesn't threaten goals or run around more than anyone else does - what do you think he contributes to the team? It really isn't clear to me that he offers anything other a drain on resource in the blind hope that he wasn't a £2million mistake (which he was, at the time, and with hindsight).

Well, in my opinion, as he makes as good a contribution as any other player in the team when he plays. He will invariably add a few goals, given the opportunity I.e. 'Coming good'.
Seeing as we were unbeaten and playing well when he got injuted, I don't understand what your problem is. Surely if the team are winning, it doesn't matter who is scoring.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here