Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Do You Pronounce Knockaert?

el punal

Sorry if this has been raised before. Watching our game last night on the Football League show the commentator seemed to have marbles in his mouth when our chosen one was on the ball. I'm still none the wiser if it's Ker-nock . . , K'nock . . well, you get the picture. Perhaps we just call him Special K.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
In France, they pronounce Paris, Parrie. In Uruguay they pronounce Poyet, Pushiet. Not going to take advice from a foreigner on how to pronounce stuff, its NOCKART for me.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
In France, they pronounce Paris, Parrie. In Uruguay they pronounce Poyet, Pushiet. Not going to take advice from a foreigner on how to pronounce stuff, its NOCKART for me.
I think that's right. We don't insist the French call London 'London' do we? And all this Beijing rubbish. It's Peking!

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Leicester fans called him Nocky. And that's what I'll do. I'm sure we'll all know who we mean, and he won't be offended as he had cult status up at Leicester with that name.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He definitely pronounces the first K. Remember him being interviewed and correcting the interviewer.

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Right, now can someone come up with a chant based on 'games without frontiers'

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here