Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train tickets to Preston

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Paid £50 return from London. That was for two adults one with a railcard. Will worry about the rest of the journey up to London on the day.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Took the gamble this weekend and got a good deal on a hotel near Blackburn but no refund if cancelled. You can get good deals in advance on trains but thanks to Sky and armchair supporters it is a gamble. I know it's not allowed, but why not show a game live on Saturday afternoon at 3.00 the only people interested are supporters of the clubs involved the same as now on a Monday night or whatever. Arsenal Spurs on a Saturday afternoon at 3.00 live on TV won't stop me being at the Amex.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Long story but when we played Blackpool a couple of years ago, we took the train to Preston. Bloody chaos on the train at Euston as a group of about 20 Northern muppets returning from a break in London took the reserved seats in our carriage by mistake.
In the ensuing mayhem trying to ship them out with their luggage, I dropped and lost our return tickets. Nobody handed them in so had to buy two singles to get back to London. Was not happy.
Think I will give this match a miss!!!

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I mentioned in another thread that its getting quite an art to pick potential televised games. I was confident in booking Preston away advanced train tickets a few weeks ago when I compared that day's fixtures but I would not have predicted sky choosing the Reading home match so you can never be sure.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
if they've chosen Reading match on TV a week later surely Preston won't be on now? I know we've had a lot of games on but preston away has such a small chance of being on. Booked my trains and looking forward to this one - new ground for a fair few I'd imagine

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
What railcard are you guys talking about? I'e got a Network railcard but that's no good for the north.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What railcard are you guys talking about? I'e got a Network railcard but that's no good for the north.

The YP Railcard. The one I have very distant memories of owning...

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Two together pays for itself in one journey usually, especially the longer distance ones. The cheaper train tickets seem to be getting snapped up quick for Preston

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here