Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easter 2016 - no fixtures?

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Just looking at the remaining fixtures this season. Is there any reason why there are no matches over the Easter holidays this year? We had a Friday and Monday match last season I believe. Internationals :sick: ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
International break weekend, England friendlies.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Time to reflect for Jesus

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
time to reflect on the chocolate and bunnies

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Sometimes I hate England.

to be fair its not England's issue. FIFA sets in stone certain weeks for their calendar, this year easter is so early it clashes with their schedule.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
to be fair its not England's issue. FIFA sets in stone certain weeks for their calendar, this year easter is so early it clashes with their schedule.

But of course it's possible for FIFA to change the dates of the 2022 World Cup but not some crappy friendlies .... that of course is impossible !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I read that the Archbishop of Canterbury wants to make Easter a specific date each year as per Christmas other than determined by the moon, which would make Whitsun etc the same each year. That would help the game planners if it became universal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I read that the Archbishop of Canterbury wants to make Easter a specific date each year as per Christmas other than determined by the moon, which would make Whitsun etc the same each year. That would help the game planners if it became universal.
Actually it will make things harder to plan if the Church of England has a different Easter to the Catholic Church.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Actually it will make things harder to plan if the Church of England has a different Easter to the Catholic Church.

Apparently they are working together on this. There is legislation that allows it but has never been enacted. A uniform date may emerge in '5-10 years'. Expected to be the 2/3rd Sunday in April. It does make sense.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
True, I was just venting. Why can't internationals happen midweek? That would allow the majority of fans to keep more Saturdays.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Germany versus England!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here