Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From the older poster to the younger! (advice)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The most important thing to teach your kids is self respect.
Kiplings poem If, sums up the rest.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
don't smoke
don't drink
don't marry........................................unless its to a very good friend

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's 'would have' not 'would of'.

It's 'aitch' not 'haitch'.

Brighton Pier is actually The Palace Pier.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
In no particular order
1. Choose/seek a career path or employment that gives you satisfaction. You'll be working a long time so you may as well enjoy it. Getting up every day hating what you do and being unable to 'escape' it is a miserable existence.
2. Don't settle down too early with a partner. Seek adventure, travel and enjoy a period of being free of too much responsibility whilst young. It will benefit you long term.
3. In any given situation treat people how you would expect to be treated yourself. If you do, you won't often get it wrong.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
1/ I'd like to think I've lived by the words of one of Rod Stewart's songs - the killing of Georgie.

Never wait or hesitate
Get in kid before it's too late
You may never get a second chance
Youth's a mask and it don't last
So live it long and live it fast

Apply that thought to most of what you do, partner options, job options, whatever ...

2/ Regrets - seldom will you ever regret what you did, regrets are for those things you never did ....

3/ Never promise anything unless you are 101% in control of the outcome. "We'll see" has served me well over my 55 years ....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Work out the really crapest thing in your life a get rid of it. And work out what excites and interests you most and do it. And above all keep work in perspective.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Life has a terrible habit of making you look forward, sometimes to such a degree you wish your life away. Holiday's, Christmas, key events in the future are all we think about, not the today and now. Weirdly at some point your perspective changes, i'm 50 now and there is an element of nostalgia and enjoying each day, my advice to the youngsters on NSC is try to achieve that feeling earlier than some of us oldies. :albion2:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Never chase after a woman or a bus, there will be another one along soon enough.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here