Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hooper

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
6 in 12 on loan at Sheffield Wednesday, prodigiously talented natural goalscorer. Scored for fun at Celtic and in fairness scored a few for Norwich as well. Still only 27 so in his prime. Norwich paid Celtic £5m and I reckon they would be happy to get their money back. Could do a hell of a lot worse.

Always remember the hatrick he scored for Scunthorpe against us, also as an aside great pub footie question, he's the only player to have scored in the Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2, Conference, Football League Trophy, FA Trophy, FA Cup, League Cup, Scottish Premier, Scottish Cup, Champions League and UEFA Europa League,

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Much like BG and his continual suggestions of players we have no interest in - is there any chance you can keep it to one thread?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
You need your own thread, nothing wrong with the suggestions but no need for endless threads, Shirley?

What does it matter?? Seriously DFP never understand why that bothers people, regardless of whether I create a new post or add my contribution to an existing post I'm still ultimately posting it....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Much like BG and his continual suggestions of players we have no interest in - is there any chance you can keep it to one thread?

Isn't hooper the type of player we absolutely should be interested in?

Far better chance of signing him than some South American prima Donna.....

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What does it matter?? Seriously DFP never understand why that bothers people, regardless of whether I create a new post or add my contribution to an existing post I'm still ultimately posting it....

I suspect others fall into the trap of thinking 'ooh, maybe we're after Hooper'. Them you open the thread and it's just you typing whatever thoughts come into your head. At least if we know it's the same thread of ramblings it won't be worth opening as there's nothing of relevance.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I suspect others fall into the trap of thinking 'ooh, maybe we're after Hooper'. Them you open the thread and it's just you typing whatever thoughts come into your head. At least if we know it's the same thread of ramblings it won't be worth opening as there's nothing of relevance.

It's a suggestion of a player who I believe would be a good signing for the club. I certainly don't automatically assume in every thread I open that we are bidding for the player.... I'm certainly not asking you to open the thread either. You didn't have to comment but you've chosen to...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Surely we can compete with Wednesday?...

More to the point, they can easily compete with us and Hooper is already there and clearly enjoying himself.
Pole position and given his impact, highly unlikely to be forced aside

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
More to the point, they can easily compete with us and Hooper is already there and clearly enjoying himself.
Pole position and given his impact, highly unlikely to be forced aside

Have they got 5-7m available to buy a striker?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's a suggestion of a player who I believe would be a good signing for the club. I certainly don't automatically assume in every thread I open that we are bidding for the player.... I'm certainly not asking you to open the thread either. You didn't have to comment but you've chosen to...

Yes, every thread you start is a player that you've thought of that you think would be good, brilliant. As I said, at this time of the season I open NSC and see a player's name, through excitement I click the thread just to find its you typing pish again.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Yes, every thread you start is a player that you've thought of that you think would be good, brilliant. As I said, at this time of the season I open NSC and see a player's name, through excitement I click the thread just to find its you typing pish again.

Hardly an unrealistic option though he was signed by Hughton at Norwich so clearly a player the manager likes. Not getting first team action at Carrow Road so certainly available as well. If you are that affronted by it add me to your ignore list.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

I started the thread today Blackburn away - Player Ratings please so clearly not every thread is it.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I've been saying we should get in for him for a long long time. I'd like us to try and compete with Wednesday for him, I'd be VERY surprised if someone, somewhere hasn't noted his performances, especially with the CH and Norwich links.

Interesting that everyone in here moaning about us not having anything to do with him forget that nobody had any idea about Knockaert until we signed him. In other words, the rumours about players on NSC are very rarely true, which is why BHA are so great, never know what's coming next.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Hardly an unrealistic option though he was signed by Hughton at Norwich so clearly a player the manager likes. Not getting first team action at Carrow Road so certainly available as well. If you are that affronted by it add me to your ignore list.

I agree, he would be a good target, but so would many other players. You can't deny you have a tendency to start threads that contain zero substance.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He didn't really fit into the system Chris likes to play. I think if he thought Gary would have been a good signing then he would have moved for him before now. Chris also likes hard working industrious players. And that HOOPER IS NOT

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How many hard working players can you fit into a team and retain the flair that makes them stand out. On your point he wouldnt have wanted Jimmy Greaves, Thierry Henri or Sergio Aguero as all they did was score goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here