Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones, Luron two games in charge, no shots on target

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So . . . . our recent debacle, now possibly over . . . it was all HIS fault, then. Possibly. :lolol:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
He had a long time working and observing most of the players in those two games. It was astounding.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Yes, possibly!

Although after his brief time in charge, I am a Jones fan (who can forget that Fulham game) and think it was a shame he didn't get a few more games in charge to prove his worth.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I know some LTFC season ticket holders. They tell me their squad is just unfit, not been trained hard enough by John Still, not pushing themselves to train the extra mile. Still's tactical coaching techniques were chronic, they seem to be poorly rehearsed in just about all aspects of the game. So, put that lot together and you have a group of individuals who if they get a result it's more by fortune than by design. This will take NJ a while to unravel and improve, both fitness and organisation and tactics. There is apparently also a fair bit of deadwood in the match day squad. He has his work cut out, don't expect mega quick results because of the issues he faces, but he is a great tactician and a good motivator so I'm sure he will succeed here, even if succeed just means keeping them in the league this year.

Wedgee

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As a hypothesis, this was, on reflection, poor. Having checked the facts, he wasn't in charge when Luton lost on Jan 2. Clearly I was being facetious, but having got my facts wrong, and having written 'Luron' instead of Luton, I think it's time I desist from starting whimsical threads, especially after I've had a few. Apologies. :lolol:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Like he had for us

Completely different situations. With us he knew the players strengths and weaknesses- but with Luton he is starting from scratch, won't be until the start of next season until he has even started to mould them into the team he wants / need them to be.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You have to remember............Luton sacked their manager. They didn't sack him for no reason, so Nathan has probably inherited a squad not good enough for the division they are in. You only need to think back to what CH inherited at Brighton.

You always learn from every manager you work under - What he has probably learned from Chris is that you try and steady the ship defensively until you ensure you don't get relegated and then you build your own team after that.

Nathan will do well if he gets the time to do it - He is extremely enthusiastic and driven young manager. The problem he has got is that if he fails at Luton he may not be given the opportunity again. Much like Chris at Newcastle. If he had failed there he probably wouldn't have got another job as manager at that level again. Luckily he succeeded up there

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
You have to remember............Luton sacked their manager. They didn't sack him for no reason, so Nathan has probably inherited a squad not good enough for the division they are in. You only need to think back to what CH inherited at Brighton.

You always learn from every manager you work under - What he has probably learned from Chris is that you try and steady the ship defensively until you ensure you don't get relegated and then you build your own team after that.

Nathan will do well if he gets the time to do it - He is extremely enthusiastic and driven young manager. The problem he has got is that if he fails at Luton he may not be given the opportunity again. Much like Chris at Newcastle. If he had failed there he probably wouldn't have got another job as manager at that level again. Luckily he succeeded up there

And lucky to get the Brighton managers job too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here