Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who's this KIT NAPIER?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Well done to Bobby in overtaking Albion legend Peter Ward in the table of Albion's leading scorers. Next in line is Kit Napier.

Us people of a certain age are always raving about Wardy and he still visits & is a legend but let's head back a few more years to the classy Kit Napier. I believe he was born in Dunblane so an obvious sporting hero for Andy Murray.

Kit was tall slim & cool with a fashionably line in facial hair, from the trim beared to the droopy 'tash. He wasn't a rough & tough player but a silky two footed ball player, being used on the left & right wings as well as at centre forward. I've seen him score from corners with both feet and I've also seen him flick the ball with his heel, over the head of a defender whilst he runs past. I saw him rip Larry Lloyd to threads, scoring a hattrick just weeks before Shankly took Lloyd to Anfield.

He smoked loads and I've seen him when the players used to travel on normal trains along with the fans.

A few years back there was a post on him and he did make contact (maybe via a 3rd party). He's been in South Africa for years so let's put him back in the limelight whilst Bobby chases his target down.

Feel so pleased to have seen Bobby, Wardy & Kit, all heroes.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My first Albion hero, my uncle was a good mate of Brian Powneys, and said he'd get Kits autograph for me, I was absolutely made up.

It was only about ten years later I learnt that my uncle had signed it hinself, as he'd forgotten to ask Powney.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Well done to Bobby in overtaking Albion legend Peter Ward in the table of Albion's leading scorers. Next in line is Kit Napier.

Us people of a certain age are always raving about Wardy and he still visits & is a legend but let's head back a few more years to the classy Kit Napier. I believe he was born in Dunblane so an obvious sporting hero for Andy Murray.

Kit was tall slim & cool with a fashionably line in facial hair, from the trim beared to the droopy 'tash. He wasn't a rough & tough player but a silky two footed ball player, being used on the left & right wings as well as at centre forward. I've seen him score from corners with both feet and I've also seen him flick the ball with his heel, over the head of a defender whilst he runs past. I saw him rip Larry Lloyd to threads, scoring a hattrick just weeks before Shankly took Lloyd to Anfield.

He smoked loads and I've seen him when the players used to travel on normal trains along with the fans.

A few years back there was a post on him and he did make contact (maybe via a 3rd party). He's been in South Africa for years so let's put him back in the limelight whilst Bobby chases his target down.

When I first started going to the Goldstone, he was my hero!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Interested to see where this goes. I'd heard of Kit Napier but my boyhood heroes were Sully and Tony Towner on the wings.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Bobby Z is not in the same league as Wardy.

Shame on you, naughty Freddie.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seem to recall Kit scoring direct from a couple of corners at the Goldstone

May have been at my first game, Barrow at home, 1969.

Kit Napier later grew out his tash and beard and became the lead singer of Jethro Tull, in my warped imagination :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Kit Napier a mans man???

Attachments

• kiity.jpg
    kiity.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 637

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
His diving header at the South Stand end after a length-of-the-field move against Bournemouth in the Pat Saward promotion season in front of 30,000 - brilliant.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
His diving header at the South Stand end after a length-of-the-field move against Bournemouth in the Pat Saward promotion season in front of 30,000 - brilliant.

I recall John Napier rattling Ted MacDogall into the advertising boards in that game. One of my earliest Albion memories.

PG

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Fred Binney was the first regular scoring forward I remember. He went off to the USA to play with Pele. Did Ward crowd him out of the team ? He had a one in two ratio.

el punal

I too, am of a certain age, whatever that means, polite way of calling someone an old fart I suppose. Anyway like your good self I have seen all three in action. I still regard Wardy as my all time Albion hero and Bobby up there in second place. Much as I liked and admired Kit I never considered to be in the "hero worship stakes". The player for me, in Kit's last years with the Albion, was Ken Beamish. Memories play tricks, but he was synonymous with the Albion winning promotion for me.

Regardless, all of them fine servants for the club and a privilege to have watched them play. :albion2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here