Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So the $10m dollars we were happy to spend on Calleri or Bolanos....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Is it worth adding another $5m and going for a McCormack or Rhodes?

Both would be sold for the right money and yes we would need to pay them 30k a week but surely the potential riches that would follow with promotion would make this worth a punt?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Is it worth adding another $5m and going for a McCormack or Rhodes?

Both would be sold for the right money and yes we would need to pay them 30k a week but surely the potential riches that would follow with promotion would make this worth a punt?

Jordan Rhodes wouldn't get into our team on today's performance..

Last edited:

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
I'd love McCormack. The sell on value would become irrelevant if his goals took us up (and I strongly believe they would). Unfortunately can't see it happening though.

Does anyone else find it strange that either of these two haven't yet been signed up by a Premier League team in recent years? You'd have thought someone would have taken the gamble by now when you consider the likes of Gestede have made the move.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think Blackburn are ruining Rhodes.
There's always been a doubt whether he would make it in the Premier League because he contributes very little outside the box. With low confidence the goals dry up but he still gets in the position to miss more chances than we ever create.
I think he is worth a punt but not at the price Blackburn are likely to want for him which is probably at least three times his realistic current form value of about £4m.
McCormack at a realistic fee of about £8m would definitely be worth a punt but unfortunately Fulham don't need to sell just now and will want comfortably north of £10m for him which takes him into the over-priced/over-value bracket.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
No there is no sell on value if it doesn't work.

But then you are effectively saying that we accept the fact we will continue to be a club 'with potential' stagnating in the championship...

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Just goes to show with Rhodes that a 20 goal a season striker that everyone bangs on about wont always get you out of this league.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Just goes to show with Rhodes that a 20 goal a season striker that everyone bangs on about wont always get you out of this league.

A lot depends on the players he had around him in fairness.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I've always been slightly unsure about Rhodes as he doesn't seem to have the ambition to play at the highest level and is happy to take the easy life in the Championship.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I do not think that either represent VFM at their current value and although he cannot be sold GM seems to be better value at about £4m and Dwight Gayle at about £8m

Have you been smoking crack again?
Gayle is shite, needs about ten clear cut chances to net one, would be seriously pissed if he came here, he's worse than Wilson and Baldrick, or were you thinking as a left back? McCormack would be amazing, Rhodes I think is too lazy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have you been smoking crack again?
Gayle is shite, needs about ten clear cut chances to net one, would be seriously pissed if he came here, he's worse than Wilson and Baldrick, or were you thinking as a left back? McCormack would be amazing, Rhodes I think is too lazy.

All down to opinions that is why some players are good for some managers and not others.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here