Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got in

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That was the sort of win that could be a turning point. It wasn't pretty and needed a bit of last ditch defending, but it wasn't exactly backs to the wall either. We were okay today in steady snow on a bobbly looking pitch. My only criticism was CH subbing off Zamora; he provided our main threat and won nearly everything played towards him.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
That was the sort of win that could be a turning point. It wasn't pretty and needed a bit of last ditch defending, but it wasn't exactly backs to the wall either. We were okay today in steady snow on a bobbly looking pitch. My only criticism was CH subbing off Zamora; he provided our main threat and won nearly everything played towards him.

Just back in too. I'd agree with that. The game was set up for Wilson as their defenders were slow and we should have been able to feed him. However, he looked out of breath very quickly and was outpaced by Grant Hanley a couple of times. I wonder if there's something physically wrong with him. Bobby was excellent but really should have finished it off with his one on one chance at the start of the second half.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Chris was interviewed after the game and virtually said that they have to be careful with Bobby, he said he is assessed on a day to day basis. Best not push him too far otherwise he may miss a few games. Frustrating i know but you never know what goes on behind the scenes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Chris was interviewed after the game and virtually said that they have to be careful with Bobby, he said he is assessed on a day to day basis. Best not push him too far otherwise he may miss a few games. Frustrating i know but you never know what goes on behind the scenes.

Bobby also fell heavily when tackled from behind.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lucky those just got in finally a train South from Preston.

Excellent result today the club gods are very pleased

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Which begs the question on another thread that still no one has answered...Will Bobby ever play a full 90 minutes again?, and if not, is it because of age, injuries or a combination of both?

As stated before, not a dig at all, in case it comes across like that. Just curious. Very happy with his contribution to the team so far for the minutes that he does play, so certainly not complaining.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Which begs the question on another thread that still no one has answered...Will Bobby ever play a full 90 minutes again?, and if not, is it because of age, injuries or a combination of both?

As stated before, not a dig at all, in case it comes across like that. Just curious. Very happy with his contribution to the team so far for the minutes that he does play, so certainly not complaining.

Was he ever seen as a 90 minute man when he came back last summer? I'm not sure he was.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Was he ever seen as a 90 minute man when he came back last summer? I'm not sure he was.

Possibly not. Hence why I'm curious if he'll ever get back to playing 90 minutes again.

D

Deleted member 2719

He keeps suggesting something may be wrong but never has suggested what it is, come to that Bobby has never ever mentioned he has a problem he just keeps saying i am available when the manager wants me.

Is CH getting spin lessons from DK, because he prefers a different line up???

I just wish i'd hear Bobby say unfortunately i am not fit for every game...........but he hasn't.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He keeps suggesting something may be wrong but never has suggested what it is, come to that Bobby has never ever mentioned he has a problem he just keeps saying i am available when the manager wants me.

I just wish i'd hear Bobby say unfortunately i am not fit for every game...........but he hasn't.

As the injury free weeks for Bobby keeping rolling on I'm getting more and more curious. Fitness levels and injury coming into the start of the season I could understand, but now I keep wondering if he's 90 minutes fit or will never be at this stage of his career.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He already has a couple of times this season.

When!? I must going senile in my old age if he has :(

I haven't missed a game this season from either watching live, watching a stream or listening on the radio.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

He has also said he is happy to play a cameo role in order to help, he doesn't mind the 20 minute stints from the bench. I think you are reading far too deep into it. He's available, he is used as the manager sees best. Really is that simple.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Passenger ill on a train apparently. My lad trying to get over to Leeds

Told a train broke down north of Preston. Now changing at Crewe so expect a big dust up as Palace fans should be on the same trains to London need the Pretty Pink Fairy, now

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
When!? I must going senile in my old age if he has :(

I haven't missed a game this season from either watching live, watching a stream or listening on the radio.

Charlton he played the full 90 mins.

But we do have to manage his workload. His fitness record the last few yeras hasn't been great so I have every confidence in the medical staff to manage him professionally.

Happy Birthday BZ, and thanks.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here