Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk- Imperious today

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Massive respect to the young man. After his past couple of games and his counterpart only having played a couple of Championship matches he must have been dreading his afternoon, but to be fair to him he responded superbly and was against one of the league's best strikers in Rhodes. Keep it up Dunky!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Superb performance from Dunk; he was my MOM.

Goldson alongside him was also excellent. I really like the look of him so far.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hopefully this is the turning point for both Dunk and the club. What an amazing signing Goldson was - possibly the best signing of the summer after Bong & Rosenior?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Crazy isn't it? Where are all tjhe Dunk detractors who wanted him dropped, or even sold last week, I wonder?

As per my post he did play very well, however, if others were fit surely he would have been rested today, for his own good if nothing else. It's good that he has come through it.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Much much better today! Really hope he can keep it up. But he has played like this before only to have a disaster in the next match.

Great to get a goal to, almost forgot what that felt like.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Certainly a game in which it was their job to be strong and expel a myriad of crosses. Hope this rebuilds Dunk's confidence and has him stay in control when he has a lot of time to think. For now, he's back at it and that should be rejoiced. Warrioresque.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Crazy isn't it? Where are all tjhe Dunk detractors who wanted him dropped, or even sold last week, I wonder?

I'm still happy to say I thought he should have been dropped. 1 excellent performance doesn't make up for 3 or 4 that cost us points. Thankfully for us Greer wasn't fit and Dunk returned to the sort of player he can be.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Much much better today! Really hope he can keep it up. But he has played like this before only to have a disaster in the next match.

Great to get a goal to, almost forgot what that felt like.

That's because he is still young for a centre back, most don't reach their peak until 26-27ish

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove

They''ll be back when Dunk slips next week against Huddersfield and Nakhi Wells consequently scores, giving 'uddersfield the three points.

Anyway, the point is that he's had one good game; if he carries on to be poor, then we're not just going to say "well, he played well at Blackburn, so he must be fantastic.". Let's see if he can properly redeem himself after some horrendous errors, and not just have one good game in ten.

el punal

Him and Goldson were excellent. Goldson really is very talented. Shouldn't be losing his place when Greer is fit.

Was discussing this at the Wolves match. Greer is starting to pick up niggling injuries on a constant basis. Is age catching up with him? I feel that Dunk (despite a poor few games recently) and Goldson are the future centre back partnership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here