seaford

Feb 8, 2007
For about 4 million says BBC Sport

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Bargain if he stays fit.

He could force his way to the Euro's if he scores a few for them.

Just gutted he managed to get himself fit against us.

SAC

May 21, 2014
£4 million is a lot less than the papers have been speculating but probably about right for someone who is out of contract at the end of the season. Southampton need to start scoring soon so probably not a bad signing for them too.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
£4 million? Really surprised by the low fee, QPR supporting mate isn't happy at all with the fee. Like to think we'd have made an offer for that amount

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Bearing in mind he was prepared to wait till the end of the season I can only assume that Southampton have given him a very hefty signing on fee in addition to a high wage.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Clearly a fee thats been affected by the fact that hes out of contract and continued doubts over his ability to stay injury free

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
£4 million for Charlie Austin or £17m for Grabban and Afobe? I know who has got the better deal there! Shane Long off to Liverpool then?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
People are endlessly confused about how contracts work. Austin is very close to the end of his contract. If he was at the start of his contract, £4m would be £20m.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
great bit of business by Southampton, and that is how you attract players being in the premiership.....

Unfortunately for us Southampton have long been the model we aspire to be, maybe one day when we actually make a bid for promotion & make the promised land we can emulate them.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
great bit of business by Southampton, and that is how you attract players being in the premiership.....

Unfortunately for us Southampton have long been the model we aspire to be, maybe one day when we actually make a bid for promotion & make the promised land we can emulate them.

Exactly. 4M for a striker of his age and ability is a snip.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Probably about right for a player out of contract this summer. Lots of clubs wouldn't touch him because of his dodgy knee ( most good judges don't expect him to stay fit ) and the suspicion that he is still not doing himself any favours off the field.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Exactly. 4M for a striker of his age and ability is a snip.

I wonder if the reports if true or not of our cheeky 4.5million bid would have been successful or even enticing to Austin had we beat them and continued or at least still been in the top two....

I am sure he would have thought about it....

Ahhh another one bites the dust...

Good luck Charlie, good player and should be in the Premiership rather than farting around on the outskirts of west London for a tin pot club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here