Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Electronic cigarette smokers of NSC - what juice are you vaping?

markw

Aug 28, 2009
I've been vaping for 8 years and started mixing my own early on, now mix quite a bit as friends like it and buy from me as its good ingredients unlike a lot of the Chinese stuff!
I am on Custard for the last few months myself but friends have me make them Custard, rhubarb and custard, raspberry custard, cinnamon Danish, coke, bubble gum, double mint, menthol etc etc! I used to vape a very nice caramel tobacco from when I started mixing which is still popular but after 5 years on one flavour I started experimenting!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
US Red from Vapor Trail in Trafalgar Street is the best tobacco flavour I have found, but I quite like Blu's Classic Tobacco too.

Have also tried Heavy Cigar from the place at the bottom of Elm Grove. It's more like a cigarette, and isn't overly heavy.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
im confused now

thinking about packing up the cigs,is vaping an aid to giving up puffing on cigs or now an alternative

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
im confused now

thinking about packing up the cigs,is vaping an aid to giving up puffing on cigs or now an alternative

An alternative, much healthier, it's the habit you need to kill. Replace a dirty chemical filled death stick for a vaping stick and you'll feel so much healthier in no time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sex on the beach / green apple at the moment. I've tried many different brands of e liquid & vivd and totally wicked seem by far the cleanest. Heads up on totally wicked (£5) a bottle in the shop. They have/had a sale online & I got 10 bottles plus an 11th free for £3.20 a bottle incl postage. Just switched from a cheap nasty basic vap stick to a better £50 joy tech ego one which is really good. Also makes you not want a fag even more but the more powerful battery does mean you get through a lot more juice...

So as an aside from this, do people consider vapng in general much healthier? I know I feel better from it (still have the very odd fag but much better since getting new stick.)..? I think there was a research thing the other day saying its 95% better for you. Government also using vaping on nhs I believe? Reason I ask is 2 doctors have told my Mrs not to do it (she's a smoker so v surprised they said this) as it's dangerous & Unknown etc - all very confusing tbh..!

blue-afro-man

Nov 25, 2013
Has been menthol for me the last 3.5 years. Can't seem to stomach any other flavour. I did used to smoke drum with menthol filters, the taste is remarkably similar, wasn't like giving up at all.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Triple Menthol from Vapable, buy the 100ml bottle at around £25 and usually lasts a month. Three years and two months since I stopped the smoking and always use triple menthol, keeps your breath fresh too.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Sex on the beach / green apple at the moment. I've tried many different brands of e liquid & vivd and totally wicked seem by far the cleanest. Heads up on totally wicked (£5) a bottle in the shop. They have/had a sale online & I got 10 bottles plus an 11th free for £3.20 a bottle incl postage. Just switched from a cheap nasty basic vap stick to a better £50 joy tech ego one which is really good. Also makes you not want a fag even more but the more powerful battery does mean you get through a lot more juice...

So as an aside from this, do people consider vapng in general much healthier? I know I feel better from it (still have the very odd fag but much better since getting new stick.)..? I think there was a research thing the other day saying its 95% better for you. Government also using vaping on nhs I believe? Reason I ask is 2 doctors have told my Mrs not to do it (she's a smoker so v surprised they said this) as it's dangerous & Unknown etc - all very confusing tbh..!

Vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol are harmless when heated, and nicotine it's self isn't addictable. It's the concentrates that COULD cause you harm if not bought from a proper sauce, those that make it themselves from there kitchen/back of the shed are the ones most at risk, as what isn't realised is by mixing certain concentrated flavours can cause a reaction and create diacetyls, the best thing you could do at the moment is vape UK made liquids, the WORST thing you could do is vape home made stuff, once the TPD kicks in those dangers will be removed and the kitchen/shed makers will be forced to stop.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol are harmless when heated, and nicotine it's self isn't addictable. It's the concentrates that COULD cause you harm if not bought from a proper sauce, those that make it themselves from there kitchen/back of the shed are the ones most at risk, as what isn't realised is by mixing certain concentrated flavours can cause a reaction and create diacetyls, the best thing you could do at the moment is vape UK made liquids, the WORST thing you could do is vape home made stuff, once the TPD kicks in those dangers will be removed and the kitchen/shed makers will be forced to stop.

Thanks mate - you're clearly an expert! Yes totally wicked is all uk made & def tastes cleaner. I wonder why the docs are so against it? Maybe just the selection of docs she asked..! Guy in vape shop did say if they were prescribing it on nhs it says a lot - obviously he would say this but he has a point!

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Thanks mate - you're clearly an expert! Yes totally wicked is all uk made & def tastes cleaner. I wonder why the docs are so against it? Maybe just the selection of docs she asked..! Guy in vape shop did say if they were prescribing it on nhs it says a lot - obviously he would say this but he has a point!

For what it's worth I am, I am one of (if not thee) best blender in the country, I'm not allowed to say which ones but some of the most popular juices in this country (and overseas) have come from me. I run laboratorys that manufacture e-liquid and am head of research and development.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Some have now been accepted by the Government as an aid to stopping smoking.

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/06June/Pages/e-cigarettes-and-vaping.aspx

What worries me now is that they will start to regulate the whole business and tax at cigarette levels to make up for loss of revenue on tobacco sales.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Some have now been accepted by the Government as an aid to stopping smoking.

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/06June/Pages/e-cigarettes-and-vaping.aspx

What worries me now is that they will start to regulate the whole business and tax at cigarette levels to make up for loss of revenue on tobacco sales.
That's what worries me too ! At the end of this month I celebrate 4 years without a cigarette and feel heaps better. I get my liquids from Volcano and use their "Menthol Burst" but I normally mix in a bit of their "Shaka Strawberry" flavour too.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I remember watching a documentary about 18 months ago, around the time the government showed concern re vaping liquids etc. The top Professor on cancer etc had tested the liquids and came to the conclusion that vaping was (i think he said) 99% safer than smoking, might have been slightly less, but certainly over 95%.
He went into a fair bit of detail and research.

This page/links might help.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t...-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=JSaaVuC3JIm0a-fEidgB

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I remember watching a documentary about 18 months ago, around the time the government showed concern re vaping liquids etc. The top Professor on cancer etc had tested the liquids and came to the conclusion that vaping was (i think he said) 99% safer than smoking, might have been slightly less, but certainly over 95%.
He went into a fair bit of detail and research.

This page/links might help.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t...-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=JSaaVuC3JIm0a-fEidgB

Anything over 90% has to be as safe as anything we do in our everyday lives?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here