Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Health question, advice needed

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I have been suffering from a cough for the last 8 weeks or so. I was put on 2 courses of antibiotics but still it persists. I was coughing up a lot of sticky gunk (greeny brown in colour) but this has mostly cleared up. I'm not losing weight and generally sleep well but do get very tired. The weather does affect my chest which could be down to being asthmatic. I understand that various viruses have been going around. Advice would be most welcome.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Get back down the doctors and explain the things you have posted here.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I have been suffering from a cough for the last 8 weeks or so. I was put on 2 courses of antibiotics but still it persists. I was coughing up a lot of sticky gunk (greeny brown in colour) but this has mostly cleared up. I'm not losing weight and generally sleep well but do get very tired. The weather does affect my chest which could be down to being asthmatic. I understand that various viruses have been going around. Advice would be most welcome.

Hello mate !
Right I have had a chesty Phlegmy cough for about 5 months now, not feeling ill , not breathless, no weight loss ( I think we know what we are talking about with that one don't we ? )
3 !!! courses of different antbiotics and its still there.
My GP has also given me 3 diffrent inhalers and I have had two chest X-Rays... NOTHING !
He is baffled but seems like I'm not the only one that has this.
I work as a Nurse and I had exactly the same thing this time last year but not for quite so long it just suddenly went and returned
about five months ago. He has now put it down entirely to stress !!!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Hello mate !
Right I have had a chesty Phlegmy cough for about 5 months now, not feeling ill , not breathless, no weight loss ( I think we know what we are talking about with that one don't we ? )
3 !!! courses of different antbiotics and its still there.
My GP has also given me 3 diffrent inhalers and I have had two chest X-Rays... NOTHING !
He is baffled but seems like I'm not the only one that has this.
I work as a Nurse and I had exactly the same thing this time last year but not for quite so long it just suddenly went and returned
about five months ago. He has now put it down entirely to stress !!!

Check your house for mould spores, black mould is a common cause of this kind of symptom. During colder winter months condensation in the house can cause mould to grow behind wardrobes and the like. In the summer months the mould dries up and the symptoms disappear.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

NSC is the last place you come to for health and financial advise. Go see a doc

seagullhoop

Nov 6, 2012
Brighton
According to my doc there is a virus that has been going round - lasts up to 2 months - was also convinced I had something much more serious. As it's a virus, antibiotics will have no effect.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Try Gaviscon

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here