• Hans Kraay.jpg then.jpg
    Hans Kraay.jpg then.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 511

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Match and Result : Brighton 7 v Charlton Athletic 0 in October 1983

Player Looks a bit like Gordon Smith

Legend in that match Jimmy Case hatrick !!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The clue is in the thread title for the player. Hans is eeeeeeevil.

Fulking Seagull

Mar 31, 2013
Fulking
Match and Result : Brighton 7 v Charlton Athletic 0 in October 1983

Player Looks a bit like Gordon Smith

Legend in that match Jimmy Case hatrick !!

My girlfriend at that time lived up the road from Gordon Smith and we babysat for both. Jimmy came home pissed one night late from a party and we stayed up with him and his (now ex-)
misses and he insisted I try on his hearing aid!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Definitely Hans Kraay, and probably the Easter Monday game at home to the Addicks on April 8 1985, 2-1 to Albion.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I faintly remember watching us play at the Valley around that time when it was a decrepit mess with the Stands overgrown with weeds. What year would that have been?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Definitely Hans Kraay, and probably the Easter Monday game at home to the Addicks on April 8 1985, 2-1 to Albion.

I'm guessing it's an away game, only because of the 01 telephone number on the advertising hoarding. Although would Charlton have worn black shorts at home?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I faintly remember watching us play at the Valley around that time when it was a decrepit mess with the Stands overgrown with weeds. What year would that have been?

84/85 I think.

We lost 1-0, and I left a plastic bag under my seat, and only remebered as the coach passed Crawley on the way home.

It contained my Nintendo Donkey Kong split screen, my brother's brand new Rothmans Football Yearbook and a mars bar.

Still not really over it, tbh.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
84/85 I think.

We lost 1-0, and I left a plastic bag under my seat, and only remebered as the coach passed Crawley on the way home.

It contained my Nintendo Donkey Kong split screen, my brother's brand new Rothmans Football Yearbook and a mars bar.

Can't you just ask [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] to give it back?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm guessing it's an away game, only because of the 01 telephone number on the advertising hoarding. Although would Charlton have worn black shorts at home?

I had exactly the same thought; however, Kraay didn't play in either of the away matches against Charlton in 1983-84 and 1984-85, so I think it has to be at the Goldstone.

Bingo

Jul 27, 2014
Seaford
I think this is the home game in 84/85. Seem to remember us losing 3-5 and Martin Keown playing for us as a striker on loan from Arsenal.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm guessing it's an away game, only because of the 01 telephone number on the advertising hoarding.

Being bored at work, I looked through the photos in the home programmes from season 1984-85 using [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION]'s excellent website. In the prog for the Oldham game on March 29 there is a shot from the previous home game against Oxford which also shows that hoarding. The company is "Stadia Publicity" (based in London), so I guess Albion contracted out their ground advertising at the time.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
84/85 I think.

I don't think I would ever be able to forgive a sibling such a heinous act of negligence:-

Rothmans1984-85Resized.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here