Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relegation from the Premier League.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Two of Swansea, Bournemouth and Norwich are going down. Three less-than-massive clubs.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sunderland are not that big, since football was invented in 1992 they have been outside of it plenty of time, Newcastle have a few times as well.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just remember, all those big clubs that come down with HUGE parachute payments are going to make it another hard season in the Championship next year.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I suspect that Norwich and Swansea would be in the top 3 next season if they are relegated this one. A lot of teams struggle after relegation, despite parachute payments, and I think Sunderland, Newcastle and Villa wouldn't go straight back up again. Nothing to back any of this up, just a hunch!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just remember, all those big clubs that come down with HUGE parachute payments are going to make it another hard season in the Championship next year.

Parachute payments have continued to go up since the birth of the EPL but I don't think it has seen any more clubs go straight back up. These clubs come down with de-motivated squads (usually with clauses written into their contracts of a big pay cut) and used to losing games. They invariably lose their best players and have to quickly restructure. I'd be probably more concerned about a smaller club which has contingencies against relegation than a 'big' club like those filling the relegation spots who were not expecting relegation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here