Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC3 - Stacey Dooley investigates Ecstasy wars

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Really good program.
She, like Louis Theroux, has a seemingly naive charm that disarms most people she interviews.
I always enjoy her docs and yes, I agree, she is lovely.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Great programme on at the moment and a real eye opener to what I thought was a peaceful drug.

Stacey is luvverley. :drool:

Surely the wars are more to do with the people selling it rather than taking it?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Surely the wars are more to do with the people selling it rather than taking it?

I couldn't believe some of the really evil shit they mixed pills with. Some very dangerous stuff. Watching that programme made me glad I always trusted who I bought it off. A few people on the programme weren't so fortunate. :down:

The Canadian gun and knife laws are just crazy.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I couldn't believe some of the really evil shit they mixed pills with. Some very dangerous stuff. Watching that programme made me glad I always trusted who I bought it off. A few people on the programme weren't so fortunate. :down:

The Canadian gun and knife laws are just crazy.

I will have a look on iplayer when I get time.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Back in the day, pills were good. They weren't cut with all the crap they are nowadays. I'm glad I grew up when I did so the pills I did were as pure as they could be, wouldn't touch the garbage thats about these days, way too dangerous.

When I first started back in early 90's, they were around £15-20 each, by the time I stopped I could by in bulk for 50p each.

Not seen this program, I'll look it up a bit later.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Back in the day, pills were good. They weren't cut with all the crap they are nowadays. I'm glad I grew up when I did so the pills I did were as pure as they could be, wouldn't touch the garbage thats about these days, way too dangerous.

When I first started back in early 90's, they were around £15-20 each, by the time I stopped I could by in bulk for 50p each.

this. I remember on the news in the 90s when things had got bad that clubs in Amsterdam tested pills for the reverlers going in ,so if they were mixed with anything bad the partygoers were aware

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

It's gone back the other way now, there's some great stuff out there at around £10 a pop.

Or so a friend told me.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Usual claptrap hype. Of course there are some bad guys out there and probably what goes on behind the scenes is unethical, but recent reports & testing has shown ecstasy is purer, and stronger than it has ever been up to 2x.

There is services such as TheLoop in the UK that broadcast known bad presses, and in Europe (shows how draconian we are) actual testing centres who will tell you everything in whatever, and even the mg content.

Of course our government would rather people die than provide harm reduction

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Pills have always been cut with other stuff. PMA, which was the substance that killed that poor girl featured last night, has always if infrequently, shown its face in pill production. It's far stronger than what they mentioned in the program. It only takes a few milligrams to work and not very much more to overdose, whereas mdma takes much more to get a standard experience. I guess street chemists will put variant chemicals like that in their product to give an extra kick to make their pills garner some sort of extra rep. Therein lies the risk factor.
There are so many cousin chemicals to MDMA, which are in a similar ballpark in experience. In the mid 90s a book called Phikal by Alexander Shulgin was published which contained hundreds of detailed notes on the variations of MDMA, of his and his fellow chemists experiences on their creations and semi detailed instructions on their synthesis. However right or wrong it was of Shulgin to publish this 'not quite but almost' manual, it led the way to lots of similar 'party' drugs to come out.
2CB and 2CI shared some sort of limelight even here in Brighton between 96 and about 2003. Those were similar to E yet very hallucinogenic. I remember a fair few friends being caught unawares by those substances on more than a few nights out back then.
It seems that these days, rather than ecstasy being cut with crap, the danger is far more common with super strength product out there. It has been so for a good few years now. Pills can test with as much as 4 times the dose of MDMA nowadays. Some are reported at over 200mg of MDMA where typically an average amount would have once been around the 80mg mark. Therein lies the danger of someone trying it for the 1st time.
I just thank my lucky stars that I made it through those years relatively intact.
Some weren't so lucky. Mentally or otherwise.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Pills have always been cut with other stuff. PMA, which was the substance that killed that poor girl featured last night, has always if infrequently, shown its face in pill production. It's far stronger than what they mentioned in the program. It only takes a few milligrams to work and not very much more to overdose, whereas mdma takes much more to get a standard experience. I guess street chemists will put variant chemicals like that in their product to give an extra kick to make their pills garner some sort of extra rep. Therein lies the risk factor.

I always thought PMA was produced as a by product of the synth not being carried out correctly, obviously deliberately killing customers is bad for business !

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Great posts from [MENTION=3462]Springal[/MENTION] and [MENTION=26856]Cold Gettin Dumb[/MENTION]

I didn't watch the documentary but will do on iplayer when I get a chance. As ever when you're taking any substance you need to look after yourself.

There were a couple of stories in the press about people being hospitalised by dutch lion pills over christmas. I've done them and they're very strong, but everyone in my group respected that fact and had a good time. Websites like Pillreports have been around for ages which are really good for checking the content of what you're taking. Sadly not everyone is sensible though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here