Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grrrrr....football phrases

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
You may be right in a retailing scenario, but I'm thinking in a football context.....

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You may be right in a retailing scenario, but I'm thinking in a football context.....

Seems a perfectly legitimate term to use for modern football ...

Retail is the process of selling consumer goods and/or services to customers through multiple channels of distribution to earn a profit. Demand is created through diverse target markets and promotional tactics,

... as in Sky's success mainly grew through the acquisition of buying the old Div 1 football rights early doors .

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I hate it when players/managers/pundits refer to winning football matches of referring to their football club. We know the f'ing sport! We didn't think you were pissing bowls players!

For some reason, it REALLY winds me up.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Still say it is set up for our Bobby to score the winning goal in the playoffs. It is written in the stars. Keep the faith. Yes I am pissed.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I hate it when players/managers/pundits refer to winning football matches of referring to their football club. We know the f'ing sport! We didn't think you were pissing bowls players!

For some reason, it REALLY winds me up.

They do this here too. Standing in a football kit after a game of football and they talk about the "Essendon footy club".

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
EPL -
"Oh you support Brighton" Clueless look of face " "What do they play in?"
"Championship just below the Premier League, we are top and knocking on the door " (well until recenlty :tantrum::cry:)
"Oh, so who is your EPL team"
"Goodbye"

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I hate the'he keeps things moving, just sits, doesn't move, keeps things ticking over' bollocks. If that is all a player contributes then I could do that!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here