Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blimey how times have changed

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
On the 23rd, albion are playing the mighty terriers at the Amex. However I have been asked to play for Brighton and Hove GC against the dyke in the mail on Sunday national golf competition teeing off at 11 o'clock!

This means I won't make the kick off as a round takes normally at least 4 1/2 hours.

I would never have believed after nearly 50 years watching football that I would chose golf over my home town team. I must really be going soft.

Still it won't cost the albion anything as I have a st.

:moo::moo::moo:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
On the 23rd, albion are playing the mighty terriers at the Amex. However I have been asked to play for Brighton and Hove GC against the dyke in the mail on Sunday national golf competition teeing off at 11 o'clock!

This means I won't make the kick off as a round takes normally at least 4 1/2 hours.

I would never have believed after nearly 50 years watching football that I would chose golf over my home town team. I must really be going soft.

If you are any good you should be able to win 10 and 8 in around 2 1/2 hours giving you enough time to get to The Amex and enjoy the game. :thumbsup:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

Which dyke are you playing with.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If you do as I do and cheat (3 golf balls in my pockets and fart when your opponent is at the top of his backswing) then you will have enough time for a couple of pints and a pie before kick off.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you are any good you should be able to win 10 and 8 in around 2 1/2 hours giving you enough time to get to The Amex and enjoy the game. :thumbsup:

Actually that is a damn good idea...that is certainly a good incentive.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you do as I do and cheat (3 golf balls in my pockets and fart when your opponent is at the top of his backswing) then you will have enough time for a couple of pints and a pie before kick off.

I played with a guy a couple of weeks ago who marked his ball at the front of the ball and then replaced the ball at the front of the marker...I know it was only a few inches, but it really wound me up.....and the. I spotted him patting the bunker down with his sand iron, .......by that time I couldn't give a stuff if he won, I just thought...if you want it that bad you have to cheat, the. Get on with it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I played with a guy a couple of weeks ago who marked his ball at the front of the ball and then replaced the ball at the front of the marker...I know it was only a few inches, but it really wound me up.....and the. I spotted him patting the bunker down with his sand iron, .......by that time I couldn't give a stuff if he won, I just thought...if you want it that bad you have to cheat, the. Get on with it.

I was only joshing, but seriously ,a few years ago I was playing quite badly (as usual) but on one hole I hit a cracking long iron to within 5 foot of the hole for a birdie, the guy I was up against putted in for a par and as he picked the ball out he stood on the hole and twisted his shoe ripping up the edge of the hole, he just said you wont get it in now.
I walked off.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Actually that is a damn good idea...that is certainly a good incentive.

It would be, but as you have been SPECIALLY SELECTED to represent the club (in a NATIONAL Competition no less), you'll be expected to stay until the last group are in, change into a jacket and tie and suffer a crap meal and boring prizegiving in the company of a load of retired accountants and bank managers whilst we rediscover our form and put in our best performance of the season [emoji23][emoji3]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It would be, but as you have been SPECIALLY SELECTED to represent the club (in a NATIONAL Competition no less), you'll be expected to stay until the last group are in, change into a jacket and tie and suffer a crap meal and boring prizegiving in the company of a load of retired accountants and bank managers whilst we rediscover our form and put in our best performance of the season [emoji23][emoji3]

He's a Huddersfield fan, to be fair, so probably wouldn't want to see that anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here