Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports vs BT Sport

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Is it just me or do I notice a serious erosion of Sky Sports live coverage of anything much for all its plethora of sports channels. Yes, I know there's a lot on over a year, but looking for something of interest tonight it seems mostly "old stuff", compendium shows, and "greatest moments" rather than sparkling live action.

I understand that their vital investment in the Premier League from next season means they have let go a lot of rights - and the Premier League is paramount to their business model. Tonight BT has Liverpool v Arsenal and PSG v Lyon, while really it is Milan vs Carpi (Italian Cup) or Eric Bristow's greatest moments !

Hurts a bit when I see the price that Sky costs these days. Maybe time to move to BT given that both is too much for any ordinary family to bear in my view.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I have been thinking the same, i am on Virgin media and have Sky Sports, getting expensive and the football coverage is definitely going downhill.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
We moved from Sky to BT last year, as soon as our contract is up in March, we are going back to Sky...........I have slagged Sky off many many times, sadly, for us, it suits us far better, it hurts me to say it as i HATE what players get paid etc etc etc.....but for us it is best, and I can't miss the Ryder Cup!!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We moved from Sky to BT last year, as soon as our contract is up in March, we are going back to Sky...........I have slagged Sky off many many times, sadly, for us, it suits us far better, it hurts me to say it as i HATE what players get paid etc etc etc.....but for us it is best, and I can't miss the Ryder Cup!!!

Is Now TV not a more viable option to going back to a full blown Sky package? Been using some Now TV offer passes for the movies, and a real alternative to their full package.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Work means I watch most weekend football via the internet. BT Sport is on Kodi and Sky via the Sky App (BT is free Sky I pay for). Tempted to dump Sky Sports as I rarely watch it on my big screen and the Kodi picture is watchable.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Agree the cost of having both is too much. I havent missed the champions league so far as dont have BT.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Have always been on Virgin media but we are moving shortly to an area that Virgin doesn't cover.

I am fearing it.

So should I go sky or BT for the tv/internet package?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Is Now TV not a more viable option to going back to a full blown Sky package? Been using some Now TV offer passes for the movies, and a real alternative to their full package.
It works for me, got rid of my sky sports and just buy the passes when Albion are on.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Have always been on Virgin media but we are moving shortly to an area that Virgin doesn't cover.

I am fearing it.

I'm in a similar position, had virgin since before it was virgin, now moving in a month or so to a street without it. Leaning towards BT and now TV at the moment.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I was on BT and the price just went up and up and up.I have gone to sky but I have scrapped all football now as never watched many games and can get free sky sports on the pad anyway:)
I would certainly go down the now tv route as you can get daily,weekly and monthly passes...easily the way forward to cut costs.

O and BT don't have sky sports news grrrrr

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm in a similar position, had virgin since before it was virgin, now moving in a month or so to a street without it. Leaning towards BT and now TV at the moment.

My biggest fear is the Internet. Virgin have really got that nailed and I don't think anyone else competes.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
BT Sport and the 'Big' teams. I think I'm right that Sky get first shout on showing the top 4 teams against each other. Prior to this season that would mean four from Man Utd, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I am fearing it.

Well, as [MENTION=10918]mr sheen[/MENTION] says, Now TV is definitely worth a look instead of a full blown Sky package. BT Infinity, telephone, then Now TV got to be a lot cheaper I think...?

My Virgin BB was down last year for 2 weeks as a cable need re-pulling through to the house. Anyway my neighbour let me use a BB boaster to pick up his broadband, his house is across a private road from mine, so 3.5m away, and his BT infinity wifi signal got through his external wall, into mine, and with the boaster was still really decent in my house. Saved me a lot of grief.

Go to the BT site, put in the postcode and they'll tell you what to expect. I was impressed and like you I've always been Virgin then NTL before that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just couldn't justify the cost of Sky at all, and haven't for many years.

We have BT Sport because it comes with our phone/broadband package. I have a vague feeling that they may have put a small charge on for it now, but I think it is small.

Anyway, I'm so out of tune with watching live sport on TV that I never even check BT Sports. But now I know that Liverpool v Arsenal is on - I just may watch that now. Thanks [MENTION=24639]Eddiespearritt[/MENTION]!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here