Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doc Martens for Life!!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Hidden costs of sending, admin and returning. Nowhere does it say free replacement or free repair.

SHGK

Jan 6, 2016
I wear the pair of shoes on the link without the coloured stitching and they look fine with a suit (I am in my 40's). The pair I am currently wearing are still going strong after 4 years of daily use. Paid about £50 on Amazon I think.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I wear the pair of shoes on the link without the coloured stitching and they look fine with a suit (I am in my 40's). The pair I am currently wearing are still going strong after 4 years of daily use.

But are they the "for life" deal. The only reason I mentioned the age was because you are more likely to get your money's worth rather than suggesting you'd look like mutton dressed as lamb if you wore DMs ino your 40s

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
T&C are always important. These say "The FOR LIFE guarantee applies only to genuine Dr. Martens FOR LIFE products. No other Dr. Martens products are covered by the FOR LIFE guarantee. For a full list of the Dr. Martens FOR LIFE products, click here."

Not wishing to be too cynical, but what happens when your pair of DMs run out - and they either don't have any FOR LIFE products on offer - or not in your style, colour, etc?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I wore the soles out on my pair of Dr Martyns in 5 years, holes went right through, genuine DMs cost me £120 from the Cardiff DM shop, I still have them and wear them on non rainy days! I have a newish pair for work now, which are wearing, and a pair of DM Loafer Shoes (cost £85) but still breaking the shoes in! all DMs are horrible at first, all need breaking in! but awesome when thats done.........(not opened the link yet so dont know what its about!! yet! :) )

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Use a pair of Docs safety "runners" (they look nothing like runners) in work when moving heavy stuff or similar. Taken a fair bit of abuse and holding out fairly well. Suspect this is only offered on the stuff they know is built better to begin with.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
an old mate of mine lent me his docs whilst at school,black **** knows how many eyes,they were the business

gutted when he asked for them back,couldn't afford such luxuries myself

but he did get me into the Stranglers

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
I have had a "free" pairs of Doc Marten boots through the For Life promotion. The admin was £20 I think, but as they cost about £120 quid, on average the price is cheaper. I am about a couple of years out from having to change them again, and even if the admin is £30 by then, it represents good value.

Well worth doing if you are organised and file the documentation for when you need to replace them.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
had a pair for many years, steel toe capped for work and only threw them away about 7 years ago so wore them for work then in the garden, so they were about 25years old or more.
If I have a pair now who the bloody hell do Ieave them to in my will

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here