Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train delays

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Absolute shambles. Apparently it rained 'earlier'

Train full on the Eastbourne/Littlehampton service thrown off at Three Bridges with no notice. If they had of could have changed at East Croydon for a Barnham service.

Helpful guard suggested going to Lewes and change, despite them running the service of all 8 carriages fast to Eastbourne from Three Bridges

Yoda

English & European
****TARDS!!!! Why not run the London Trains as far as Hove at the least on the west coastway? Leaves me one train per hour to get home now, with a 50 ****ing minute wait at that from when I finish.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Look forward to TMLS appearing on this

(pulls up chair, gets out Pringles ....)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was in Canary Wharf for meetings until lunchtime then had another in town after which I was free. Just managed to make the 14.47 to Littlehampton from Vic. We were turfed off at Haywards Heath but then put back on and all 8 coaches went to Lewes. Probably added about 45 mins all in. Delay Repay time again.

However, this was right at the start of the disruption. The specific info there was flooding in the Clayton tunnel. This would be similar to a couple of years ago where the aggregated water table was so high it eventually overflowed everywhere. It only takes a tiny bit of rain to tip it over, it's the previous storms not draining that's the issue.

If that's the case then expect disruption tomorrow too as there is more rain forecast tonight and last time it took a couple of days or more to sort. Good chance of it freezing on Friday night too. Happy days.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Knowing Southern the 30 minute delay they are reporting is optimistic to say the least

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
So annoying, I appreciate delays happen but there was a 16.32 to Haywards Heath and a 16.35 to Burgess Hill which said was on time but wasn't in the station so guessing it would never show jumped on the train to Haywards Heath which sped through Hassocks about 70 mph. As there wasn't a stopping train for about an hour you would of thought it could of stopped at every station, no wonder people get frustrated.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Southern website now reporting trains can run through again. Not sure if they've soaked it up with something or if it was a very small flood thanks to the very small amount of rain/ However, delays until 19.00 seems unrealistic as much of the stock and staff will be displaced and we all know they're short staffed as it is

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The flooding may be beyond SASTA's control, but the apalling attitude, ignorance and rudeness of their staff at Brighton towards customer queries is not.

I work in a customer facing job and would never tolerate my customers being spoken to in the way I have heard SASTA staff speaking to theirs this evening.

Yoda

English & European
So annoying, I appreciate delays happen but there was a 16.32 to Haywards Heath and a 16.35 to Burgess Hill which said was on time but wasn't in the station so guessing it would never show jumped on the train to Haywards Heath which sped through Hassocks about 70 mph. As there wasn't a stopping train for about an hour you would of thought it could of stopped at every station, no wonder people get frustrated.

The same on the West Coast Way, two trains are semi fast through Durrington leaving one per hour that does stop due to cancelling the London bound trains. why not make one stop at all stations. Ah, yes. That's right. Targets before Customers.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
All seems open now, just gone through.

In further news my train was actually on time this morning- first one this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here