Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

amex funerals

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Hi ,wondered if any body knew if ashes could be scatterd on the pitch , friend of mines dad is very ill and its one of his wishes, as he is a masive Albion fan . thanks if you can help or know who to contact at club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I doubt if its an option - once they allow one persons ashes to be scattered on the pitch they open the door to numerous requests, which wouldn't really be practical for obvious reasons.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
pitches get relaid most seasons?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The pitch is grown from seed, but ashes are not good for it so they can't be scattered.
That's why the memorial garden is there and available for ashes to be interred/scattered.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There's a space in the Memorial Garden next to the one reserved for our promotion chances.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Maybe look at doing it on the south downs overlooking the stadium? Its pretty picturesque there and wold be looking down on the stadium long after the pitches get relaid

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The pitch is grown from seed, but ashes are not good for it so they can't be scattered.
That's why the memorial garden is there and available for ashes to be interred/scattered.

This. That is the whole point of having a Memorial Garden, and may be, when my time comes, that would be where I would like to end up too. After all, with all my years of watching the Albion, they probably part own me anyway.

The chances of the club allowing ashes to be scattered on the playing surface are less than zero I would have thought.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I also want to end up in the garden then I know friends & family will visit more often than they would if I was stuck in some cemetery.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Contact Ian hart. He will be doing both my parent's funerals. Already arranged although both are still alive and Dad has a season ticket at 87. Included is their ashes in the memorial garden, and a plaque, and words etc. from Ian. That way you can pay your respects before each game. Think the club have done a wonderful job with the garden and probably the best in the country. Further, the memorial plaque is only about £120 and that is for life. A crematorium is much more and has to be renewed every 10 years.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Given the state of the pitch can't see what harm ashes would do

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here