Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nothstanchat is not responding due to a long running script

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I've been getting this message on every page for the last 2 or 3 days. As a result it's taking longer to load each page I'm in IE.
Any ideas?

Title should say "Northstandchat.com" etc. etc.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've been getting this message on every page for the last 2 or 3 days. As a result it's taking longer to load each page I'm in IE.
Any ideas?
Been getting it for ages on my PC. Not a problem (or at least very rarely) on my rather newer laptop. I'm pretty sure it's some kind of virus. Have tried, but can't actually find - let alone delete - any rogue script on my comp. Does seem to be exclusive to NSC though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sounds like a/some rogue advert(s).

Due to the way they are targeted and served, it would be pretty difficult for me to diagnose remotely. Needless to say - I've not had it, but I don't run IE either.

There may be clues in the bar at the bottom of your browser which may show what it is waiting to load or run. If you do spy anything let me know and I'll try and investigate and resolve.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Sounds like a/some rogue advert(s).

Due to the way they are targeted and served, it would be pretty difficult for me to diagnose remotely. Needless to say - I've not had it, but I don't run IE either.

There may be clues in the bar at the bottom of your browser which may show what it is waiting to load or run. If you do spy anything let me know and I'll try and investigate and resolve.

Cheers Guv.

Yoda

English & European
ditch IE in favour of Chrome (or Firefox/Opera/Safari)

There+are+no+perfect+browsers_ed7de2_5455999.jpg

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Amazingly, after checking my browser settings, but not changing any, and downloading malwarebytes, but not installing, I have managed to scare IE into desisting from displaying the message and slowing up the page loading. All is now running as it should.
What a strange world.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I use Firefox for everything except NSC, because I get the 'not responding' message.
Have to swap to Chrome for NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here