Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton as Manager = mid table MEDIOCRITY

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
1: It's all about what entertains us. That team (12/13) entertained me more than the current one does.
What gets you off might be different to the next person.
2: We finished 4th. Following season, 6th.
We got dicked 6-2 in the Play-Offs so "in theory" we were twice as bad in the 13/14 season. Be sensible.

There were plenty of dreary negative performances in 2012/2013 also. Such as home to Birmingham! Let's not forget this season has included positive and exciting away days at Fulham, Ipswich and Leeds.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
There were plenty of dreary negative performances in 2012/2013 also. Such as home to Birmingham! Let's not forget this season has included positive and exciting away days at Fulham, Ipswich and Leeds.

I thought Ipswich away was up there with the best I've ever seen us play.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Odd posts.

All of those players contributed to our best season since when?
Let me enlighten you as you don't see the whole picture with those rose tinted specs...
BHA a club that has been potless for decades
A club that didn't have its own stadium for around 14 years
A club that had a potless chairman and no money for decent transfers
A club that has been in the bottom divisions for ages bar a few seasons in the last 20 years or so.

Now
A £100 million state of the art stadium that's also had an expansion and it's "CALLED HOME":smile:
A chairman worth hundreds of millions
A budget that we have never seen since the bamber days and going by time scales today's budget is still far bigger.
A new category 1 academy and up there with the best in the country.
A club that can attract very good players and attracts big crowds and great managers etc etc

Now are you surprised we've had the highest finish in decades?
Is it that hard to figure out?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Let me enlighten you as you don't see the whole picture with those rose tinted specs...
BHA a club that has been potless for decades
A club that didn't have its own stadium for around 14 years
A club that had a potless chairman and no money for decent transfers
A club that has been in the bottom divisions for ages bar a few seasons in the last 20 years or so.

Now
A £100 million state of the art stadium that's also had an expansion and it's "CALLED HOME":smile:
A chairman worth hundreds of millions
A budget that we have never seen since the bamber days and going by time scales today's budget is still far bigger.
A new category 1 academy and up there with the best in the country.
A club that can attract very good players and attracts big crowds and great managers etc etc

Now are you surprised we've had the highest finish in decades?
Is it that hard to figure out?

What has any of that got to do with my post? ???

I enjoy looking back at the 12/13 season/squad the most, and prefer it to the current one.
Simple as that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
ENREST you are a TWO trick PONY.

CH is still very much the man. Was, by all accounts, as unimpressed as the rest of us last night.

[TWEET]687028093257682944[/TWEET]

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What has any of that got to do with my post? ???

I enjoy looking back at the 12/13 season/squad the most, and prefer it to the current one.
Simple as that.

Selective memory. We started and finished the regular 12/13 season really well, but there were some really dull games and crappy performances and results between around November to March.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Selective memory. We started and finished the regular 12/13 season really well, but there were some really dull games and crappy performances and results between around November to March.

Again, what has that got to do with my post?
I liked that squad and enjoyed the season. Nothing more, nothing less.

Of course we had shite games, we're BHA, 'sake!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The FACTS as always NEVER lie, Hughton as manager has been here 49 games now and the stats are telling

Played 49 - Won 17 - Drew 17 - Lost 15

For 49 Against 49 and 20 matches where we didn't even score

We are NEVER going to get promoted or even ENTERTAINED all the time Mr DULLARD is manager.

Mid table mediocrity forever beckons until he is gone.
Dullard indeed

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm 50/50 on Hughton.

I think we're mid-table mediocrity because we have mostly mediocre players.
Eh? Ernest was obviously joking, what was your post all about?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure.
Seems to be one of the common occurrences of me being wrong, and maybe flouncing after bad results.
But your post was after our record breaking 21 game unbeaten start to the season, right? Yes I know we'd lost a few before your post, but still - you actually weren't sure about Hughton and thought we were mid-table mediocrity :eek:

No doubt you're delighted you were wrong on this occasion, but still :shootself:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
But your post was after our record breaking 21 game unbeaten start to the season, right? Yes I know we'd lost a few before your post, but still - you actually weren't sure about Hughton and thought we were mid-table mediocrity :eek:

No doubt you're delighted you were wrong on this occasion, but still :shootself:

Clearly just plain wrong then.
:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here