Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next 4 Fixtures then...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The next 4 on paper at least are probably the kindest run of games we have all season.

1 away game against an also misfiring Blackburn, then 3 home games on the spin - the only time we have 3 consecutive home games this season.

Following these 4, we potentially have our most challenging run of fixtures with 3 straight away games, 1 home, then another away.

While season's are long, it's a marathon not a sprint, you'd have to feel the next 4 are as critical as you can get in terms of where we will end up at the start of May.

Not expecting us to suddenly pull up trees at Blackburn, but a good solid performance and avoiding defeat going into those 3 home games is surely a must - all 3 are very winnable and would transform us from this rut.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Id say a narrow win at Blackburn will be a great grounding for the home games. Really do think the tide will turn.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Testing times indeed. It's all in the heads now. The mindset needs resetting before the mental rot sets in.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes. Correct thinking.

If we could somehow take 10 or 12 points from those 4 games then our season would be very well back on track. Very solidly in the play offs and a chance for automatic.

We obviously played badly last night. Need a new recruit and to fire as a team at Blackburn - win or at least perform and draw.

I remain optimistic. When we get back to the same calibre of team/bench we had in August/September then we will get those results again.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
12 points should put us back in with a shout of automatic promotion, and that is what we need.

High Noon at Blackburn now.

Win any way we can, Stand or Fall, Zamora will need to play 90 minutes.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
13 days rest between Huddersfiled & Brentford. Hughton needs to take them away for a break in the sun

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Ppeople keep mentioning injuries etc and it has been a reason behind our slump in form but when I looked at the team last night I thought the injuries thing doesn't wash any more. The back 4 is the same (bar ridgewell replacing bong ). Ridgewell was seen as a good signing. The midfield is the same (weve lost march and kaz but murphy people liked at the beginning and we all think knockaert is a good signing) .Upfront we started with Hemed and Baldock , now we have Hemed and Wilson and most people would say that was an upgrade! I have no idea whats happened.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ppeople keep mentioning injuries etc and it has been a reason behind our slump in form but when I looked at the team last night I thought the injuries thing doesn't wash any more. The back 4 is the same (bar ridgewell replacing bong ). Ridgewell was seen as a good signing. The midfield is the same (weve lost march and kaz but murphy people liked at the beginning and we all think knockaert is a good signing) .Upfront we started with Hemed and Baldock , now we have Hemed and Wilson and most people would say that was an upgrade! I have no idea whats happened.

It think the reason for the general uproar on the boards is that last night was the first team sheet in 4 or 5 games where we've been able to say 'that is pretty strong'. That said, perhaps a bit much to expect Knocky and Ridge to settle in straight from the off.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It is obviously hard to be certain but a starting point for what is different is that we are still missing the exceptional contributions of KLL and Solly March. They were instrumental in the run that took us to the top of the table and we have missed them very badly.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

The main difference is we were drawing too many games when we had are best team and now we are back to arguably our best team we are losing these games rather than drawing them because of defensive errors. It all boils down to the fact we cannot score enough goals which has been the problem all season. It is now 10½ months since we won a game by more than 1 goal.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It think the reason for the general uproar on the boards is that last night was the first team sheet in 4 or 5 games where we've been able to say 'that is pretty strong'. That said, perhaps a bit much to expect Knocky and Ridge to settle in straight from the off.

Absolutely this. Whilst the squad looked stronger, the starting 11 had two making debuts and one returning from injury, and on the bench KLL and SB have been out for ages. Things will take a bit of time to gel again. Don't think last night was a huge surprise on that basis (against a team with good home form).

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm pretty sure at the weekend people thought the same and included an injury hit fourth bottom side as a kind fixture. Didn't quite turn out that way, so I'm not sure we should get too excited.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here