Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take the playoffs now?

Would you take the playoffs now?

• Yes, mid-table mediocrity beckons

Votes: 57 75.0%
  • No, it's a blip and we'll come strong again

Votes: 19 25.0%

• Total voters

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Automatic looks a long way off now, play offs clearly there, but can slip away if we don't get this sorted very soon. I will take play offs and be happy now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No. I can only see the playoffs ending in failure. It's automatic promotion, or nothing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tricky. Although we are in 6th, we are only 5 points off 2nd.

So on this run of form, you'd expect most to take a play off place if offered, but if we get back to back wins then it's a different story - and this is the Championship, so don't write off the idea of actually winning twice on the spin!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Tricky. Although we are in 6th, we are only 5 points off 2nd.

So on this run of form, you'd expect most to take a play off place if offered, but if we get back to back wins then it's a different story - and this is the Championship, so don't write off the idea of actually winning twice on the spin!

Although it does require scoring twice on the spin too. Fanciful.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It's January. We sit 5pts off 2nd (maybe 6 later)
Far to early to throw in the towel on this.
Time for the team to step up and get a some points and goals. Couple of positive results will turn this back around

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Good point well made. I will say that this goal drought is a little overstated, as it's not our fault that we had a goal incorrectly ruled out against Ipswich. Had that been given, we might even have won the game.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's January. We sit 5pts off 2nd (maybe 6 later)
Far to early to throw in the towel on this.
Time for the team to step up and get a some points and goals. Couple of positive results will turn this back around

Good post.

Let's not wave the white flag just yet.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd be tempted to take a top half finish right now.....

I've well and truly lost my positive, glass half full, always look on the brightside state of mind.

I should be looking at the next 4 fixtures and thinking 10+ points is a real possibility, but they're now 4 mini cup finals, because if we don't win at least a couple of those, 4 of the next 5 games after that are away from home. By the time we entertain Leeds at the end of February we will most likely be outside the top 10 if not worse.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Has to be yes, but still hoping for a automatic place as my heart cant take losing for a third time.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

I'm hoping the opposition's keeper will try some fancy footwork on a back pass and manage to kick it into his own net. In each of the next two games. And that we don't concede. Not so fanciful now, huh? Oh.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't know where some of this optimism is coming from. Yes, if we'd had a bit of luck at Derby, QPR and Ipswich, but equally we had a slice of luck we were only 2 nil down at HT v Charlton, lucky the ref didn't award a pen against us late on vs MK Dons..

We've taken 3 points from a possible 21 in the last 7 games.

We've taken just 16 points from a possible 42 in the last 14 games.

Last 10 games we are relegation form, last 6 games we are joint bottom with Bristol City.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I think we were all surprised at being top for such a long time. Ok, the performances were excellent, but a considerable amount of luck was on our side in the first half of the season. Now the cracks are starting to show. With the lack of depth in the squad, our ageing defence, and our lack of natural scoring instinct its back to very much business as usual. I still have hopes for us to maintain top half, and getting into the play offs, especially with the quality of sides around us, will be an amazing feat.

The glass is still half full, but not for long.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Of course I would take it now. On current form we are heading for lower mid-table at the end of the season - and it would be a pretty miserable experience getting there.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Automatic promotion is going to be a high figure this season, I expect 87 - 90 points to secure 2nd. We're going to need to double our points tally in 20 games if we are going to challenge for that, 2.2 pts per game, 10 wins from 20 won't be enough imo, we'll need to have a W12, D8, L0, or W13 D5 L2 to get near those top spots.

6th is likely to be a mid/high 70's number too given where we are at this stage. 30 points from our next 20 games should have us in there, so 1.5 pts per game is there or thereabouts, W7 D9 L4 would be a run that would still potentially see us in there still. So still a lot to play for. I'm making myself feel slightly better already.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here